U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 07:59 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,268,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post

FTR: I'd put Toronto on that list long before either NYC or Vegas. It is the very definition of overpriced and offering very little value. Outside the ROM, AGO, CN Tower and joke of a theatre district, what exactly does the city offer?
ROM and AGO are second class museums at best.
CN tower is expensive and the view is not that great. I would take a skyscraper in Chicago over CN tower any day and the view is 10 times superior.
Toronto's architecture is embarrassing.

I actually am amazed why people come to Toronto for sightseeing. It is expensive and there is so little to see. It is a good place to live but definitely lacklustre in terms of tourist value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 12:53 PM

1,561 posts, read 1,987,727 times
I keep hearing non travel magazine travel calling Bora Bora overrated or a bad value.

Bora Bora: Value and worth of a destination is in the eye of beholder. It also depends on what you are looking for in a travel destination. Some stay in an OWB at the St Regis some stay in a garden room at Le Maitai. The difference is almost double, so that has too be taken into consideration when considering value.

I have been to Hawaii, Saint Martin, Cancun, Palau, Guam, Maldives and Greece.

My opinion is that none of them match the beauty of Bora Bora... not even close. My opinion is that the only island that comes close to it is Moorea, which is in the same chain of islands. The beaches are all perfect, the flora and fauna is numerous and colorful. The lagoon, has every color of water imaginable, the water is a perfect temperature, the visibility is good. World Class accomodations. Complimentary water toys like snorkles, kayaks, jetskis. Great food, a cute village, nice people.

Palau is a clsoe second to the Society Islands and most beautiful place I have been outside of the SIs of French Polynesia. but it's even more expensive and hard to get to than Bora Bora. Getting to Bora Bora is a value and a sinch compared to Palau.

My wife and I have been eyeing The Seychelles. La Digue looks incredible. However, we could fund an entire trip to Bora Bora for the price of Air Fare to the Seychelles. Compared to Cancun, Bora Bora is expensive, and about twice as expensive as Hawaii.

Both times we went to Bora Bora we managed to do everything for under $6K for 2. I cant even fly to Fiji, New Caledonia, Seychelles or Maldives for 6k for 2 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel