Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:53 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times

Advertisements

example:

-- "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

-- "There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

-- "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

--- "No one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

-- "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

-- "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

-- "I'm sure I've stayed in this hotel room in a previous life. I cannot stay here again."

Any funny tourist complaints you have heard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Here are a couple of others and I actually took all of them:

1-we booked your hotel for 1 week with an ocean view> due to the weather, it rained almost all week we could not see the water: I think you owe us a refund or credit the next time we stay at your hotels. I was in customer service at the time for a large hotel chain.

As a travel agent: I got a call wanting to know why cruises didn't cruise to Alaska in December? Believe it or not it was from a flight attendant for a major airline.

Someone called to complain; that is took longer to fly home from Vegas to Dallas, than Dallas to Vegas by a couple of hours. When I explained the time difference she said I made no sense and it just wasn't fair.

and the best, but not really a compliant: our daughter was a reservations agent for major airline: one day someone called and asked her how much it would cost to fly from where point A to point B. When daughter asked her where she was, the answer: in my kitchen.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:30 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,436,829 times
Read this in a magazine:

"We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for $5 from a street vendor, only to find out that they were fake."

Old 11-03-2014, 11:45 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,031 times
I was on a cruise on the Norwegian Epic (a big cruise ship) in March. Some people at the table next to use were complaining about how "badly" the boat rocked (actually hardly noticeable). The fact that boat float in the ocean and the ocean has waves was frustrating them.

Fortunately, one of the older gentlemen at their table interrupted. It seems that he had served on a destroyer in the Navy in the North Atlantic and had a different view of what a ship rocking "badly" was.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:43 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
When the airport was taken over and shut down by protestors in Bangkok back in 2008, I remember hearing a lot a lot of funny things from stranded tourists. I would think being trapped in Thailand for an extra couple weeks would be a good thing.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:46 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
When the airport was taken over and shut down by protestors in Bangkok back in 2008, I remember hearing a lot a lot of funny things from stranded tourists. I would think being trapped in Thailand for an extra couple weeks would be a good thing.

Eh, if they had to get back to work it could result in very bad things: like losing a job.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:50 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Eh, if they had to get back to work it could result in very bad things: like losing a job.
Or what if you didn't have enough money to stay another week?

Old 11-03-2014, 02:07 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah I know, right? That would be hilarious lol

Old 11-03-2014, 02:14 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times
Rural Ireland: a couple of American ladies. One said to the other 'if I never see a sheep or cow again, it will be too soon!'.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:33 PM

587 posts, read 915,759 times
In a small town many, many miles from any other gas station, the gas was coming out kind of slowly. I had this conversation with the idiot pumping gas across from me:

Tourist: Why is this taking so long? This is ridiculous. I'll be here all day.
Me: Yeah, they told me that they need to clean their filters.
Tourist: I'm not going to put up with this. They can't keep customers if they do this.

There was more to his ranting, but I can't remember it - he sure went on for a long time and I was glad when he left and I could pump my gas in peace (plus, it came out faster).

I'm assuming he had enough gas in the tank to get to where ever it was he was going. It just kind of cracked me up because if you needed gas, there was no where else to go. It was a really minor annoyance compared to running out of gas in the middle of nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel