U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 03:11 PM

63 posts, read 63,626 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for diners / food stops along I-65 from Chicago to Pensacola?? 24-hours would be awesome. BBQ would be awesome too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 09:46 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,469,884 times
I don't have anything to offer you but you might want to check Guy Fierri's (of Diners, Driveins, and Dives) website and see if he has visited anywhere on that route. Every place that I've tried that he recommended on his show has been great!

Old 11-26-2014, 12:24 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,632,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamyst View Post
Any recommendations for diners / food stops along I-65 from Chicago to Pensacola?? 24-hours would be awesome. BBQ would be awesome too.
When you get into Alabama, 30 miles south of Montgomery, stop for lunch at BATES , a little restaurant that specializes in Turkey . Get the smoked turkey sandwich. Best in the world.
In Mobile stop at Witzells and have some fresh oysters or try Felix's Fish Camp near the USS Alabama. As for BBQ, almost anywhere you see a place advertising BBQ, if there are several cars in the parking lot, its going to be good, some will be great. Some names that have been around a while, Dick Russell's BBQ, Sonny's BBQ, The Shed, Dreamland, All are good.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:30 AM

405 posts, read 419,837 times
You have to go a ways off of I-65 to get to it, but in West Lafayette, IN, there is a place called Triple XXX Family Restaurant that was on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives awhile back. There is also another location in West Lafayette called Route 66 Diner. It's the same restaurant, just a different name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel