Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 08:44 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one hoping for a kindly mod to come along and fix the grammar error in the thread title?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 10:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Am I the only one hoping for a kindly mod to come along and fix the grammar error in the thread title?
yes

Old 12-06-2014, 10:40 AM

[quote=Utopian Slums;37535531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post

What is your industry?
I am not retired from first, a degree in Foods and Nuitrition, followed by the travel industry. I worked for a major hotel chian in management, then as a travel agent. My husband was in public relations, both with a large utility company, politics and eventually a major airline. Both our daughrters have careers in the airline industry and the older one has her own Travel agency right now. The rest of the family is middle management, medical field or engineers. I think we pretty much cover the spectrum.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:19 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Do tattoo artists get danger money, when tattooing the buttocks?

Old 12-07-2014, 06:58 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,534,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Tattoos are disgusting. They are mostly found on high school dropouts who are dumber than a door knob.

Nobody I know has them, or at least not in visible regions (arms, legs).

If you take public transit in a rougher area of this city you will see the white trash people covered in them.
I don't know where you live, but I find that lots of the hip just-finished-university entrepreneurs of inner cities have a ton of tattoos, and they are by no means uneducated high school dropouts.

I don't even like tattoos and have zero, but it gets on my nerves when people make broad assumptions about others based on them having pictures in their skin.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:37 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
No, you're not. no your not

*knot?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:41 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Tattoos are disgusting. They are mostly found on high school dropouts who are dumber than a door knob.

Nobody I know has them, or at least not in visible regions (arms, legs).

If you take public transit in a rougher area of this city you will see the white trash people covered in them.

I think this comment says more about you, than any of the tattooed dropouts you think are dumber than doorknobs.

The level of ignorance in this post is astounding.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I think this comment says more about you, than any of the tattooed dropouts you think are dumber than doorknobs.

The level of ignorance in this post is astounding.
actually the poster gave his/her opinion of what many of us think when we see people with so called art work all over their skin or even in just a few places. I, for one do not think everyone with tattos is low life but many people do have negative feelings when they first see people with tatoos or with multible piercings. First imprsssions are often lasting ones. I only wish some of you could realize this. No matter how much some may want to close their eyes, tatoos do cause many, in fact probably most people to look down on you. If for no other reason than wondering what kind of a person would want to scar their body?

Old 12-08-2014, 01:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
actually the poster gave his/her opinion of what many of us think when we see people with so called art work all over their skin or even in just a few places. I, for one do not think everyone with tattos is low life but many people do have negative feelings when they first see people with tatoos or with multible piercings. First imprsssions are often lasting ones. I only wish some of you could realize this. No matter how much some may want to close their eyes, tatoos do cause many, in fact probably most people to look down on you. If for no other reason than wondering what kind of a person would want to scar their body?
You wouldn't even know I have tattoos yet here you are, judging someone on having tattoos. Based on your logic because I have "even just a few" that can't even be seen but hey, they're there, that I rightfully should be judged as unintelligent, a low life, loser, etc. etc. etc. As that other poster said, this says more about you than me. Lol.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
america is 40% tattoo for the young. those that dodge that trap post on facebook-- another form of tattoo.
all of the above are fun- spur of the moment- kind of sexy and permanent- and make you oh so easy to label for sorting.
if i was planning for my future failure i could not have done a better job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel