U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:05 AM

9,931 posts, read 8,192,917 times

Advertisements

When my wife and I travel we pack our favorite pillows (one each). We also bring small amounts of OCT medicine like Motrin, Alka-Seltzer, and Imodium along with our prescription medication. We need a hotel room with a room safe because of the medication my wife takes. She has spinal problems and takes oxycodone, flexeril (muscle relaxed for spasms), and xanex. If the room has a coffee maker, we bring our favorite brand coffee from home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 11:11 AM

9,130 posts, read 17,160,797 times
I have a Wifi Router and a 6' Cat5 Cable, Sometimes bring my Ruku Box

Old 12-02-2014, 11:21 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,472,473 times
I take a multi-outlet that's also a converter so I don't need so many electrical adapters. I also take a back-up rechargeable battery for my cell phone/ipad, because when you're using data while roaming around, your device tends to die before you can get back to your hotel for the evening.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:37 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,627,330 times
Post It Notes and a Hi-lighter marker. I've used both during almost every long trip out of the country.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:21 PM

32,108 posts, read 33,017,270 times
If it is a long trip outside the country I will take a wifi router. For overseas trips I always make sure to have the right plug adapters for my electronic items.

I also always take on trips a small saline nasal spray as heating/air-conditioning/fans dry up my nostrils.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:05 PM

9,931 posts, read 8,192,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
If it is a long trip outside the country I will take a wifi router. For overseas trips I always make sure to have the right plug adapters for my electronic items.

I also always take on trips a small saline nasal spray as heating/air-conditioning/fans dry up my nostrils.
Try saline nasal gel. You apply a small amount to a Q-Tip and rub inside your nose. Apply a little on your finger tip and apply to the nostril openings. The gel gives a longer lasting relief. In winter, i do this before bed.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:20 AM

32,108 posts, read 33,017,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Try saline nasal gel. You apply a small amount to a Q-Tip and rub inside your nose. Apply a little on your finger tip and apply to the nostril openings. The gel gives a longer lasting relief. In winter, i do this before bed.
I have used Vicks vapor rub and the Vicks "nose" stick as well in the past. But the saline nasal spray works good enough for me year around when I am in a dry environment (meaning heating in the winter and air-conditioning/fans in the summer).

Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,841,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I have used Vicks vapor rub and the Vicks "nose" stick as well in the past. But the saline nasal spray works good enough for me year around when I am in a dry environment (meaning heating in the winter and air-conditioning/fans in the summer).
Apparently the Vicks VapoInhalers have recently been discontinued. My father and I both use them quite a bit, and it's been harder to find them in stores. The past month or so, I've looked in numerous drug stores and grocery stores, even locations where I've purchased them before, and had no luck. I finally had to go on eBay and stock up on them, but even those have an expiry date of 12/14, so I believe they've stopped manufacturing them. (But if you go on eBay to purchase some, just know that there is surprisingly a counterfeit market ... if they just say "Inhaler" rather than "VapoInhaler", they're not Vicks.)

Old 12-04-2014, 10:25 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,201,774 times
duct tape

Old 12-05-2014, 12:53 AM

10,234 posts, read 13,995,331 times
Thin yoga mat to do back stretches.
Microwaveable hot-pack for my back.
Disposable hot-pack appliques (for my back).
Tens unit.
Lacrosse ball for my back (acupressure).
An electrical water heater for coffee cups if I know the room won't have a coffeemaker (and I'll take packets of Folgers coffee-in-tea-bags, which isn't bad).
A big duffle bag that I fold into the suitcase for purchases on trips.

And this is why I can't fit two week's worth into a carry-on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel