Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:03 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,325,228 times

Advertisements

The second. I love being in the US so it's depressing coming back to the UK. I fly into one particular UK airport most times and I'm always depressed by how shabby and dirty it looks compared to the American airports I use on holiday.

The food - I get back here and straight away I'm struggling for what to eat after spoiling myself in the US. I miss American breakfasts in particular. But it's nice to be able to eat proper chips (fries) again over here.

Tired. I cram as much as I can into my days in the US so by the time I come home I'm worn out. I then feel I need another holiday to get over my first one!

To get over my blues I have to start planning my next US visit. And have fish and chips for dinner my first day back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 10:45 AM

44,273 posts, read 19,931,196 times
I'm usually glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed, but high on memories from the trip.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:47 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,432,723 times
I feel refreshed and re-energized and ready to get back into the routine again. Then in about three or four weeks, I'm already planning the next trip.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:52 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,700,461 times
Exhausted! and a little awkward until I get back into my routine again.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:24 PM

44,551 posts, read 61,264,205 times
How do you usually feel after returning from a vacation?

Tired and ready for a vacation.

Old 12-15-2014, 02:22 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,748,650 times
Exhausted

Old 12-15-2014, 03:21 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,719,377 times
I usually get that relaxed, chill high from returning from a pleasurable vacation for the first 48-72 hours after my return. After than it seems that everything quickly morphs back into normal and I am ready to do it all over again.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:45 AM

23,089 posts, read 28,809,717 times
If I've had a really, really, memorable trip, I find myself praying the plane crashes on my way home so I don't have to collide again with the realities of life and my job. I find it's best when something bad happens to you just before you leave your vacation spot. I had such a memorable trip to Ecuador, back in 2005, I was dreading the idea of returning back to the U.S. and then? I was mugged the last night in Quito! Then? Couldn't wait to get to the Airport!

But, overall, 2nd type here!

Old 12-16-2014, 10:22 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,353,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
There are usually two types of people.

The first type upon seeing all the things familiar, hearing their own language, usually feel relieved and happy. Everything looks so familiar, no need to struggle finding places, or change lodging every couple of nights, or wonder if people on the streets speak English or not, or have to sleep in the hotel any more.

The second type people feel bored or even gloomy being back for a week. The same old streets, buildings, bosses and coworkers. Nothing is exciting and nothing is new to them. You return to your routine life, doing the stuff you do every day with no much interesting looking forward to.
I am the first type, because vacations provide some valuable R&R, but t's my real life that is truly meaningful to me.

But there was a long time where I was the second type, because I hated where I lived and I was not happy with my life.

So I don't believe its so much the type person you are, but rather your circumstances and how you view them which determine how you feel after returning from a vacation.

Great topic, BTW, really interesting to read and not inherently contentious at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel