U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:11 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,779,058 times

Advertisements

would buy one of those penthouses with a private pool in bangkok

a beach house in malibu

a condo in mandarin oriental in vegas.

penthouse in medellin

prolly have property in the standard places like dubai, panama city, miami, etc. would prolly just rent in places like hong kong cuz they be overpriced

private long range jet.

a gunboat catamaran

a few lamborghini aventador's

a massive harem of hawt wimmin, enough to make even charlie sheen jelly.

sh*t would be epic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 11:10 AM

3,926 posts, read 4,672,668 times
If I won $$$ in the lottery and money became no object, I'd move to Europe.

Top places I'd consider living:
1) Amsterdam
2) Brugges, Belgium
3) Switzerland
4) Scotland
5) Amalfi coast of Italy

Old 02-04-2015, 11:19 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,164,151 times
New York City, specifically in Manhattan because of the liveliness of it all. I'd buy an apartment there. I wouldn't want a penthouse because it's too far up. I'd spend most of my time exploring the city as well as enjoying my hobbies. I'd spend my money traveling and helping out the less fortunate.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:39 AM

11,768 posts, read 4,973,768 times
I would live on the cruise ship, The World.

I would have home bases in Honolulu, Hamilton Bermuda and Amsterdam.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:42 AM

14,187 posts, read 6,466,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
would buy one of those penthouses with a private pool in bangkok

a beach house in malibu

a condo in mandarin oriental in vegas.

penthouse in medellin

prolly have property in the standard places like dubai, panama city, miami, etc. would prolly just rent in places like hong kong cuz they be overpriced

private long range jet.

a gunboat catamaran

a few lamborghini aventador's

a massive harem of hawt wimmin, enough to make even charlie sheen jelly.

sh*t would be epic.
Party on Wayne.

I don't know where I'd want to live honestly. I suppose have a couple cute cottages tucked away in different countries. I definitely want a log cabin in the mountains here. I want to keep our place up north, I love it there. I don't know, I'd probably end up traveling a lot if I had a bunch of money. Why sit on it, use it!

Old 02-04-2015, 12:19 PM

3,926 posts, read 4,672,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I would live on the cruise ship, The World.

I would have home bases in Honolulu, Hamilton Bermuda and Amsterdam.
Oh my word. That ship is my dream come true! Wonder how outlandish expensive a 1-bedroom would be?

Old 02-04-2015, 12:52 PM

2,867 posts, read 2,997,010 times
Good Question!! NOT being sarcastic either. I think I would purchase some land/acreage somewhere and erect a modest, and I MEAN m-o-d-e-s-t energy efficient home on it. 800 square feet or so, just wife and I. Have our own well and septic. Generate our own electricity (solar panels and wind-turbine). Maybe heat with wood or geo-thermal. Have a large garden, maybe even some chickens. Be out in the country but within driving distance to small village/town. Might start a small business or buy a small business to run. Family type. Would donate a lot of money to charities (donate now and DON'T have a lot of money). Do a lot of fishing, reading, hobbies and even some volunteering in my area.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:19 PM

6,804 posts, read 11,812,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Switzerland is not a bad place to visit / live. (cost not considered)

It is spendy! But quality of life is excellent.

Especially buying a second 'farm' home! (Money will not always BUY you a home! residency / nationalism ties up many countries.
Second Switzerland for the aforementioned reasons.. I prefer Lugano where the winters are milder. That or simply not having a fixed "home" location and traveling around the world.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:41 AM

14,187 posts, read 6,466,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Good Question!! NOT being sarcastic either. I think I would purchase some land/acreage somewhere and erect a modest, and I MEAN m-o-d-e-s-t energy efficient home on it. 800 square feet or so, just wife and I. Have our own well and septic. Generate our own electricity (solar panels and wind-turbine). Maybe heat with wood or geo-thermal. Have a large garden, maybe even some chickens. Be out in the country but within driving distance to small village/town. Might start a small business or buy a small business to run. Family type. Would donate a lot of money to charities (donate now and DON'T have a lot of money). Do a lot of fishing, reading, hobbies and even some volunteering in my area.
That's an awesome idea. Can I come live with you? I'll do all the gardening, you won't have to lift a finger.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:49 AM

5,729 posts, read 8,638,265 times
perhaps somewhere on the Mediterranean coast... Italian, French or Spanish riveria. The adriatic coast would also be a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or