U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 02:26 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,350,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Obviously it wasn't ideal, but like I said essentially a layover that we tried to pack as much into as we could. But beauty...more like dirty, rude, and full of thieves. I think we saw all we would care to.
You are insane. Paris is more beautiful than any city in North America, BY FAR. Thieves in Paris are dwarfed by the large swamps of homeless crackheads in San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 07:59 AM

1,789 posts, read 1,463,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And BTW, I don't have to convince you of anything.
I thought convincing people of the greatness of your idea of vacation was the whole point of your post.

Quote:
Just two of us enjoying the food, wine and people. Why do you think you get to decide what people should enjoy? Are your opinions better than everyone else's ? What an egomaniac.
I never claimed to decide what people should enjoy. I clearly stated that you would never convince ME that a trip like that would be fun. I went on to insinuate that most people would probably feel the same.

You claim it was just the two of you enjoying food, wine and people, whilst your schedule shows that you probably spent more time enjoying traveling from place to place.

Quote:
Another tip for free: It's "you're" not "your".
Oh, you got me there. Your () so smart.

Quote:
Who are you to tell someone that they should spend five days in Paris rather than 2 days in Disneyland? Or that viewing the Mona Lisa is better than going to a strip club? Who gave you this elevated level of authority?

Anyone who would have the audacity to tell others what they should enjoy should be ignored. Your attitude is beyond laughable. It's self centered and selfish. Your superiority complex is probably a cover up for your insecurity.
I don't recall telling anyone that Paris > Disneyland or that the Mona Lisa > a Strip Club. On the other hand since you bring it up, if you polled 100 people exactly how many would pick Disneyland if offered a free trip to Europe for 5 days or a free 2 day trip to Disneyland? 1? 2?

As far as telling others what should be enjoyed, if you would refer to the OPs first post then you would find this question.
Quote:
Is 13 days too ambitious to see all the sights of these cities.
My post directed at the OP was in direct response to that question. As for the part of my post directed at you, we already clarified that I never claimed to decide what you or anyone else should enjoy. In fact you were the one who originally opted to not direct your reply to the OP but towards another poster to disagree with their idea of vacation. Then in your next post went on to post how strange other posters opinions about travel were, which strongly insinuates the person you previously replied to. And honestly kind of makes you guilty of the very same things you accuse me of.

So my friend, why don't you pump your brakes a little, go back and realize that I was merely disagreeing with you. If you can't handle that then maybe you should rethink posting stuff on the internet.

You have to admit though, saying you would be bored to tears with 5 days in Rome is ludicrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or