U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 05-28-2015, 07:30 PM
3,557 posts, read 3,457,761 times
Reputation: 1632


I have a number that I believe is a US voucher from a work trip that was cancelled. Its a six character code. I don't work for that employer anymore but its tied to my name and already paid so I might as well use it if I can, but I'm just not sure the details of using it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 06:00 AM
32,055 posts, read 32,956,580 times
Reputation: 14944
Perhaps check with US Airways and see if you can get a refund for it if you paid for it. If the employer paid for it, why do you think you should be able to use it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2015, 06:12 AM
26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times
Reputation: 13019
Vouchers can't be traded for cash. The voucher is assigned to your name and can only be used by you. Typically you need to call the the airline to book a trip. The usual phone booking fee is waived. You will have to pay the ticket change fee, which depending on how much the original ticket was for might be more than the value of the voucher. The voucher is only good for one year from the original flight date.

I would call and ask if the voucher number is valid and how much the funds are for and when it needs to be used. No one here can help you further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2015, 06:32 AM
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,661 posts, read 6,266,537 times
Reputation: 11476
Ditto, annerk. Although I have been able to transfer my vouchers in the past (I've received several vouchers after volunteering to give up my seek when they overbooked the flight), my vouchers have never had my name on them. The fact that your name is on the voucher means you can't transfer it, just as annerk wrote: US Airways | Travel with US voucher See: General information and restrictions. As long as the voucher is in your name and hasn't expired, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it. Still, only a call to US Airways will get you a clear answer there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top