Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:58 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times

Advertisements

New York (JFK) - Only Arrival
Atlanta
Miami - Only Departure
Orlando
Amsterdam
Eindhoven
Dusseldorf - Only Arrival
Paris (Charles de Gaulle) - Only Layover
Antalya
Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi)
Phuket
Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
Tokyo (Narita)

I like the airports in Phuket, Eindhoven and Singapore the most and Miami and Paris the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
LAX - home airport
LGB (Long Beach)
MCO (Orlando)
JFK (NYC)
IAH (Houston) - layover
DFW (Dallas/Ft Worth)
LFT (Lafayette, LA)
PHX (Phoenix Skyharbor) - layover
SEA (SEATAC Seattle/Tacoma)
LAS (Las Vegas)
SFO (San Fran)
OAK (Oakland)
Puerta Villarta, Mexico

Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
When i came back from a caribbean cruise last November i had a layover in Paris from Miami to Amsterdam.
3 French douanes stopped me to check my handluggage, everything was fine i thought but then they start to ask questions where i came from, how old i was and what kind of job i had etc.
Stayed calm and nice during the whole thing and answered everything but then they say we want a urine test because we think you hide something from us.
I said okay but my flight is leaving in 10 mins. they say don't worry there are flights to Amsterdam every couple hours.

Walked all the way to the other side of the airport with them (all circled around me, like i would run away lol) to a room, gave them my urine but they saw i had used some cocaine and cannabis. I said i never touched coke in my life but i do smoke weed now and then but that's pretty much legal in the Netherlands.
I had used some cocaine during my trip in Colombia but i kept denying it.

They called back my suitcase from Amsterdam to Paris and i had to do a X-Ray scan first. Scan was fine.
My bags were arrived, they were looking and hoping so hard to find some drugs, throwing my clothes on their dirty floor, i was affraid that they would hide something illegal in there because they were already busy with me for about 3 hours.
I even heard one of the guys say in Frenglish "Always the Dutch and Drugs" or something like that.

Everything was fine, they walked with me to get a new plane ticket to AMS and didn't even say sorry or anything, they looked kinda disappointed.

I will NEVER use a French airport again in my life, my dislike for the French even got bigger.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:05 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times
Way too many to list. I came up with 13 in the state of Alaska alone. I stop counting at 100 and I was still just counting the airports I been thru in the US. By the time you add in all of the overseas airports I been to the total count is somewhere between 150 to 175 airports.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:32 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
Even though the UK is quite small I counted at least twelve that I have flown from.

I'll leave the foreign ones for now.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:35 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Way too many to list. I came up with 13 in the state of Alaska alone. I stop counting at 100 and I was still just counting the airports I been thru in the US. By the time you add in all of the overseas airports I been to the total count is somewhere between 150 to 175 airports.
Maybe you should just list the few that you haven't flown into

Old 05-26-2012, 05:40 AM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
I too have been to many airports in different countries around the world and many of them smaller airports. It is difficult to remember all of them.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,544,526 times
I'm not a world traveler and all the airports I have flown to/from are in the USA. Home airport is Bangor International, it's very close to my home and has a very long runway as it was a SAC base years ago. Then I have used Portland Jetport, ME. Logan in Boston, National in DC, JFK in NYC and Laguadia in NYC, Charleston SC, Orlando, Missoula MT. Phoenix AZ, Baltimore MD. Of those I would NOT prefer to use again is JFK it is a total nightmare getting into the city from there. The nicest one to fly into and out of was Charleston.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
I couldn't begin to list all the airports we have flown in and out of over the years, but now, our main ones are: XNA (nowest Ar) Dallas, Miami and LAX. In years past we have flown in and out of many Europian airports, Hong Kong (the old one) Japan, So America and Mexico: Canada and SJN, as well as many in the Caribbean.

Nita

Old 05-26-2012, 09:45 AM

996 posts, read 1,896,043 times
JFK Airport
LaGuardia Airport
Newark Airport
Charlotte-Douglas Airport
Piedmont Triad International Airport (connecting flight)
London Heathrow Airport
Cancún International Airport
Gregorio Luperón International Airport
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (connecting flight)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel