U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 11:26 AM

8,565 posts, read 11,062,540 times

Advertisements

Short of heading into an active war zone or burning epidemic, I can honestly say I can't think of a place I wouldn't go. Especially if someone else is footing the bill.

Of course there are preferences, but if I had the opportunity to go, I would go simply for the opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 12:57 PM

8,239 posts, read 11,102,038 times
Aruba. I don't appreciate the cavalier and incompetent way they handled the Natalie Holloway murder. To be honest, the place doesn't have any appeal to me anyway.Nothing but gambling and beaches.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:30 PM

13,819 posts, read 18,771,405 times
I think I would have to say any southeast Asian countrys ...def not something I want to see . also the carribean since my cousin said it was trashy .

Old 06-04-2015, 02:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,908,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
New Jersey
Hey now, don't knock off New Jersey . They have the most authentic Indian food and Indian sweets outside of India.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Hey now, don't knock off New Jersey . They have the most authentic Indian food and Indian sweets outside of India.
There's likely a few places in the UK and Emirates that would have problems with that statement...

Old 06-04-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think I would have to say any southeast Asian countrys ...def not something I want to see . also the carribean since my cousin said it was trashy .
What is that that you don't want to see?

Ancient culture, modern cities, beaches, mountains, jungles, wildlife, shopping...etc. etc. etc....

Or is it just a racial thing again?

Old 06-04-2015, 05:26 PM

6,353 posts, read 5,153,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The history is one of class-consiousness and terrible spasms of brutality, which reached its absolute worst in World War II.

Some of the people are as noble and decent as you'll find anywhere, but quite a few are two-faced, hating Americans but loving their money.

Too many of the "sights" are fixatedon the past, and the class-consciousness and over-politicization is stifling to human progress: And too many faux Europhiles want to bring what our forefathers "voted with their feet" to escape here.

And you can find food and wine that's just as good in Scranton; all you need to know is where to look.
The over-politicization of your post is stifling too. I am as right-wing as anybody here, but I love Europe. Classical music, old buildings, and great traditions are not left or right. European politics will someday change, and Hitler is gone forever.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 PM

468 posts, read 460,272 times
Default well

[quote=graceC;39862708][quote=aneev;39862365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post

So you're saying you won't travel to any place that has slaughter houses too? You must stay home a lot then.

Since you put it that way. I refuse to visit Spain, because of the National Bloodsport. It is my own personal boycott.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:04 PM

Default well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The history is one of class-consiousness and terrible spasms of brutality, which reached its absolute worst in World War II.

Some of the people are as noble and decent as you'll find anywhere, but quite a few are two-faced, hating Americans but loving their money.

Too many of the "sights" are fixatedon the past, and the class-consciousness and over-politicization is stifling to human progress: And too many faux Europhiles want to bring what our forefathers "voted with their feet" to escape here.

And you can find food and wine that's just as good in Scranton; all you need to know is where to look.

Although a good tour of Italy is a must. For arts sake. The rest of the world absolutely no interest.
Some of it been there done that. After three days could not wait to get home.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:09 PM

Default I am with you on that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Until someone pointed it out, I had never thought about race so yeah, I find it offensive that someone attempts to make me a out to be a racist because I like creature comforts. There's a big f-ing difference between being a snob and a racist.
I like my civilized creature comforts. Third world toilets have no interest for me. And it is not about the people it is about the lack of my creature comforts.

But reverse racist who are by and large mental midgets, can only think of one denominator of factors, and attack on the basis of people not fawning over non-white third world toilets. Ignore them. Reverse racist are a bore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or