U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 06:40 PM

163 posts, read 112,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Well I am thinking more Ukraine, Latvia, Belarus.
Latvia, Lithuania and (especially) Estonia are pleasant and easy travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 07:33 AM

8,607 posts, read 11,122,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'll pass on any place where they wear rag tops and cut people's heads off or toss gays off buildings.

And states in the US where I am not allowed to protect myself from the general thuggery. Commiefornia and Oregonifornia, and the north east freedom hating states like New Yuck and New Jerky. I'll spend my money in Florida - better beaches anyway.
Without a doubt your contributions to foreign relations and cultural exchange will be deeply missed.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:27 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,706,123 times
I've been to Greece in the past, and loved it. I would not choose to travel there right now. Not because it is dangerous--we felt very safe and welcomed there, but because I think we're going to begin to see strikes, slowdowns, perhaps fuel shortages and certainly some issues related to using ATM's, possibly credit cards, etc.

We were there during the difficulties in 2012 and were affected by strikes and not able to see/do some of the things we had planned on as a result. We ran into the same situation in Italy, but not to the extent. Strikes in Italy were a few hours and published in advance so we could plan around them.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:10 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,451,373 times
There is nowhere at all that I would refuse to go if someone else was going to pay for it and arrange to get me time off from work. But there are some places that are so far down on my list that I think they would count as an answer to the question.

-Dubai/UAE. It doesn't seem to offer much in the way of culture beyond an orgy of consumerism. It feels artificial and ahistorical.
-Cancun. See above. I've been there and I won't be back. Just a newly-constructed playground for people who want to say they went to Mexico while stridently avoiding anything remotely Mexican.
-Japan. Totally willing to own my personal bias here. I have encountered so many people around my own age (late 20s to mid 30s) who are super obsessed with Japan, and a very high number of these individuals have been rather creepy/off-putting.
-Elsewhere in the US, except for very short trips. It hardly even counts as a vacation if you aren't even vacating your own homeland/culture. I have fun checking out new cities on 3-day weekends, but if I have time for a serious trip I'm not going to blow it on the same country I am already in the other 51 weeks of the year.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:02 PM

4,435 posts, read 1,664,363 times
I went to Camden NJ once. It was not exactly a planned trip but the GPS re-routed me through there.
I wouldn't wanna go back there.

Also, East St. Louis in IL.
I wouldn't wanna go back.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:03 PM

6,792 posts, read 5,155,746 times
Would never go voluntarily:
Most of Africa
Most of Middle East
China and N. Korea
Indian subcontinent

No strong dislike, but not very interested either:
SE Asia
Latin America

Old 11-14-2016, 09:45 PM

11,043 posts, read 4,026,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I have a list, some because they just don't interest me, others the state of their politics, or safety factors, lastly flight is too dam long.

China
Most countries in the Middle East
Most countries in Africa
Any of the off shoots of the USSR that have Stan in their name, Russia itself would love to visit.

There is more, just have to think about it.

Why is Caribbean on your list?

This is my list EXACTLY!! I have NO desire to visit ANY Asian country, nor any middle Eastern country! I also have to desire to ever go to Alaska.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:01 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,640,956 times
Absolutely no place where I would not go, except:

- War / Civil war areas
- Areas with too high crime and very high poverty (leading to crime or begging)
- Muslim countries where the public order is determined by Sharia law or other rules incompatible with a free mind

I don't need to go back to China after being there once, I do not like the attitude of most people there and smog is horrible.

Have been to N. Korea and would go therer again. Have been to Ukraine and would go there again.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:17 AM

84 posts, read 51,117 times
China (That place scares me for some irrational reason).

Old 11-23-2016, 10:29 AM

4,351 posts, read 2,558,719 times
Disney World/Land.

I have zero desire.

I would prefer to go anywhere else in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or