U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 05:21 PM

14,260 posts, read 23,983,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Before people start calling this a racist post, I have NO problems with them. Actually I work with many who follow Islam and they are great humans but many of those same individuals would not want to travel to these nations with their women and kids for the same reasons.

That is generally the preface any time I hear a racist remark. The typical "these people are accepted in my neighborhood - we have one black family and the guy mext door in married to a Mexican lady ..." that I have been hearing all my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 05:54 PM

806 posts, read 511,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
That is generally the preface any time I hear a racist remark. The typical "these people are accepted in my neighborhood - we have one black family and the guy mext door in married to a Mexican lady ..." that I have been hearing all my life.
Yeah for some reason some people don't like a free beheading on themselves while vacationing. I know it sounds silly...

Old 11-24-2016, 06:20 PM

4,338 posts, read 2,263,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
What's wrong with going to Bali? (Okay, maybe too many drunken Australians there) Or Malaysia?
Bali is Hindu. Malaysia is multicultural and a very mild place.

Perhaps the scary places would include North Africa, Lebanon, Turkey, of course Iraq, even Egypt and possibly KSA and Jordan and Israel.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:57 PM

7,680 posts, read 16,098,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Bali is Hindu. Malaysia is multicultural and a very mild place.

Perhaps the scary places would include North Africa, Lebanon, Turkey, of course Iraq, even Egypt and possibly KSA and Jordan and Israel.
Bali is also part of the largest majority Muslim country in the world.

Muslim is a religion; Arab is a race. While those two groups overlap a fair amount in a Venn diagram, there are plenty of Arabs who are not Muslim (in fact, the majority of Arab Americans are not) and plenty more Muslims who are not Arab. There are even a fair number of racially Han Chinese who are Muslim.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:15 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,305,014 times
Just off the top of my head I would say North Korea.

Vietnam.

Any Middle Eastern country with the exception of Israel.

Any African country that didn't have a world-class City.

Russia and all the other Eastern European country.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:32 AM

14,260 posts, read 23,983,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Yeah for some reason some people don't like a free beheading on themselves while vacationing. I know it sounds silly...

Where are they beheading tourists? Maybe your imagination?

Old 11-25-2016, 09:40 AM

7,820 posts, read 12,324,125 times
Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Lebanon, Ukraine, Colombia, Venezuela, El Salvador, Hondruas, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Libya.....

But in all serious here are some relatively touristed countries that I have little or no interest in visiting

Will Never Visit: Brazil (the Olympics have diminished my view of Rio and of Brazil), Turkey (too dangerous now, too much terrorism), Egypt, India, Peru, Costa Rica, Thailand

Not That Interested in Visiting: Ireland, Greece, Portugal, anything in Scandinavia, Iceland, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, South Africa

In Mexico I will limit myself to the resort areas, will never visit the border cities or the Mexican interior including Mexico City

The most faraway countries I do like to visit are Australia and New Zealand. In terms of "risky" countries I AM fascinated by Israel and the Biblical destinations there. But don't really want to visit the Palestinian territories though, only Israel proper.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:11 PM

806 posts, read 511,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Where are they beheading tourists? Maybe your imagination?
You don't read much do you? Go ask Mr Daniel pearl's family or many others who were captured by moslem terrorists and slaughtered by way of beheading.

If you don't like people expressing their opinions on why they would not go to a moslem majority nation, don't read them. No one is forcing anyone to read these posts.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:12 PM

6,954 posts, read 7,390,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I went to Camden NJ once. It was not exactly a planned trip but the GPS re-routed me through there.
I wouldn't wanna go back there.

Also, East St. Louis in IL.
I wouldn't wanna go back.
Yep - I took the wrong turn coming out of the Newark airport - nope - not going back.

Also, this list:
http://www.travelandleisure.com/slid...rous-countries

Old 11-26-2016, 06:12 PM

476 posts, read 510,012 times
The majority of the east coast. I went to NY and FL with family when I didn't have much choice and just didn't care for it at all. I will stick with HI and international travel. Internationally I have zero desire to go to India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or