Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 02:21 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Yep - I took the wrong turn coming out of the Newark airport - nope - not going back.
Yep - Same exact thing happened to me, and I am telling you, East St. Louis is not any different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 02:24 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
I will include India in the list.

Filth all over the place. The entire country looks like one huge pile of trash - a dumpster!

Open sewers and open toilets everywhere.

Rampant mosquitos and horrible summers.

Stray cows and mega million tons of cow poop and flies all over the streets

Extreme racism towards Africans due to their skin color

Rampant rapes and toothless police.

Disease and unhygienic food

Worlds most polluted cities with very high level of toxic dust

Super over crowded with male population due to female gendercide that results in killing of 600,000 female baby fetuses EVERY YEAR !!

That's rotten to the core!

‘All Those Little Faces’: Elizabeth Vargas Explores India’s ‘Gendercide’ - ABC News

Old 11-27-2016, 03:42 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Lebanon, Ukraine, Colombia, Venezuela, El Salvador, Hondruas, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Libya.....

But in all serious here are some relatively touristed countries that I have little or no interest in visiting

Will Never Visit: Brazil (the Olympics have diminished my view of Rio and of Brazil), Turkey (too dangerous now, too much terrorism), Egypt, India, Peru, Costa Rica, Thailand

Not That Interested in Visiting: Ireland, Greece, Portugal, anything in Scandinavia, Iceland, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, South Africa

In Mexico I will limit myself to the resort areas, will never visit the border cities or the Mexican interior including Mexico City

The most faraway countries I do like to visit are Australia and New Zealand. In terms of "risky" countries I AM fascinated by Israel and the Biblical destinations there. But don't really want to visit the Palestinian territories though, only Israel proper.
I can understand the rest, but Portugal? Why?

Portugal is wonderful!

Old 11-27-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Curious = if you don't want to go to China that is all well and good plenty of other places to vacation but what exactly are you guys so frightened of?

China gets almost 100 million tourists per year, I'm pretty sure it is the number one tourist destination in the world. All these people from all over the world families with kids etc. go to China on holiday and there are a couple of people saying it is rational to be fearful to go because not a democracy, this doesn't make much sense to me. My parents went a few years ago and they are in their 70s, they had a great time on the Great Wall, seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors, etc.

Are you thinking that out of all those millions you'll be picked up and interrogated or something?
their imagined "communism" I suppose.

China is not a great place to live, especially its large cities, but it is well worth visiting. Sometimes I annoys me that people can't even put aside their political bias even when it comes to traveling. In terms of safety, China is 10 times safer than the US (pickpockets excepted).

Old 11-27-2016, 05:40 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
You don't read much do you? Go ask Mr Daniel pearl's family or many others who were captured by moslem terrorists and slaughtered by way of beheading.
It must suck to let such paralyzing fearfulness dictate your travel choices.

By going to Bali or Malaysia you might be one out of the millions of annual tourists in Islamic countries who gets beheaded. You're far more likely to get killed in an accident on the road in any other country you visit than to be a beheaded western tourist.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Yep - I took the wrong turn coming out of the Newark airport - nope - not going back.
We were on an Amtrak train that broke for awhile near a rough part of Newark, there was joking by some passengers about barricading the train doors.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
China is not a great place to live, especially its large cities
Curious = which cities in China have you lived in?

Old 11-28-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Curious = which cities in China have you lived in?
Shanghai.
My family still lives there. I can only visit. Life is downright stressful because the city is way too big and too money-oriented. Everyone is obsessed with making money.

Old 11-28-2016, 07:35 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times
Venezuela
Honduras
El Salvador
Haiti
Cuba
Jamaica
Somalia
Sudan
South Sudan
Erythrea
Madagascar
Congo (Democratic Republic of the)
Angola
Centrafrica
Chad
Lybia
Algeria
Syria
Iraq
Yemen
Afghanistan
Pakistan
India
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
PNG

Old 11-28-2016, 07:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Venezuela
Honduras
El Salvador
Haiti
Cuba
Jamaica
Somalia
Sudan
South Sudan
Erythrea
Madagascar
Congo (Democratic Republic of the)
Angola
Centrafrica
Chad
Lybia
Algeria
Syria
Iraq
Yemen
Afghanistan
Pakistan
India
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
PNG
Just spent 8 days in Jamaica. It was amazing. The people are the friendliest I have ever encountered anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel