U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 08:54 PM

29,546 posts, read 16,490,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
There is not. The airline I am booked on gives me a lie flat bed and about a 20 inch screen I believe. Free wifi and also great food.

I think you people are thinking of the fat chairs that don't recline into a bed. Yes there is a difference but most airlines now offer the flatbed in business hence little difference in product.

My first long haul flight still has fat chairs. Quite a few years ago now.
So, as I said, you have never flown international first class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,038,310 times
I fly first class about 20 times per month. Atl-London Admittedly I am technically working as I am a FA.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:46 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,314,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I fly AA international first class from time to time. They still exist and are mostly 777s.
When the retrofits of the 772s are completed they'll all be in 2-cabin configuration, leaving only the 773s with first class.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:49 PM

7,668 posts, read 4,142,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, as I said, you have never flown international first class.
Yes but I was not born yesterday.

Anyway if you look through this accurate site you will see most companies do not offer first class anymore.

http://www.seatguru.com/browseairlines

Of the legacy American airlines only American airlines and United offer First class. United First class is restricted to the 747 and 777, even then there is no difference in seat really.

Yes I know that Emirates and Singapore offer a suite, however, on an overall worldwide basis there isn't much difference.

Last edited by Sickandtiredofthis; 06-28-2015 at 09:57 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 05:41 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,601,121 times
Quote:
I can show you the ticket if you like smart arse
And that proves what? You are good at finding photos of things on the Internet?

Old 06-29-2015, 05:50 AM

My name date and everything is on it.

I wouldn't resort to that obviously. Its only a business class ticket its not like its worth 10 million.

What do you think this is. Its not THAT expensive.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:12 AM

29,546 posts, read 16,490,417 times
Quote:
Yes but I was not born yesterday.

Anyway if you look through this accurate site you will see most companies do not offer first class anymore.
Airlines offering widebody first class;

Air France
American Airlines
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Emirates
Etihad
Lufthansa
Quantas
Qatar
Singapore
THAI
United
etc.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:35 AM

What about these?

Aeroflot
Air Canada
Air New Zealand
Air Berlin
Brussels airlines
Delta airlines
Ethiopian airlines
Finnair
Eva airlines
Iberia airlines

So on

Old 06-29-2015, 08:44 AM

6,449 posts, read 3,458,717 times
I have never paid for first class. The only times I've ever sat in first class was:
1. Company trip, and the sad part was the flight was from Boston to Philadelphia.
2. Upgraded for free - this happened twice on trips to FL in the past.

As miserable as my last two flights were, both from Boston to Honolulu with one stop totaling 13 hours, I still would never pay for first class. I just get aisle seats now and can easily stretch my legs. I didn't find the first class seats comfortable enough to warrant the price, nor can I sleep in a plane anyways.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:23 AM

517 posts, read 568,025 times
I was looking around, just for fun, for roundtrip tickets to Beijing and saw that Business Class is not THAT expensive (about $3800) and even first class wasn't as terrible as I would imagine (about $6000).

My mother's health is ailing and she has spoke about needing to possibly consider Business Class for trips to china in the future and certainly that is now within the realm of very real possibilities. granted I am also very thankful to have been blessed to be in an above average income profession that may be able to muster the financial backing for such a trip should we consider it.

I am needing to travel on short notice to Beijing and some of the ECONOMY seats are getting north of 2500!!! (Granted only 1mo notice).

It is odd though since I do remember in the past looking at First Class prices for fun and seeing them in the 10K+ range. maybe last min first class tickets can be cheaper then looking far advanced.

Although again I reiterate that for my I think business class upgrade compared to fist class is such a huge step up for me that i think it's the best value for luxury long haul flight. Not sure if I can see the additional value of FC over BC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or