U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,565,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Obviously, its more or less on the same longitude.

Flights from Florida to Europe can be 8 hours so thats plenty of time to sleep. Your rightyou don't have to eat but you do have to suffer with lights and cabin crew running up and down the isle serving it.
Maybe you missed the part where I said I've NEVER FLOWN FROM FLORIDA TO EUROPE! I've always flown from EWR/JFK/PHL and once from CLT.

If you fly in F, there aren't that many people to serve and you won't be disturbed by the FA's. You put your seat back into your little cocoon like space and go to sleep. The lights are dimmed as soon as the plane reaches cruising altitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Why do I have to justify MY money and MY spending to YOU? YOU don't know what cabins I fly in because you don't know me!
I do know because you have ZERO idea of how things work in upper classes based on your posts about lights being on, noises, and more.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:32 AM

7,668 posts, read 4,134,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Maybe you missed the part where I said I've NEVER FLOWN FROM FLORIDA TO EUROPE! I've always flown from EWR/JFK/PHL and once from CLT.

If you fly in F, there aren't that many people to serve and you won't be disturbed by the FA's. You put your seat back into your little cocoon like space and go to sleep. The lights are dimmed as soon as the plane reaches cruising altitude.
Ok but its still a short flight.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Ok but its still a short flight.
Relative term. Even if it's only a five hour flight you can still get a full four hours--which is enough for most people to get through a day on.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:10 AM

7,668 posts, read 4,134,327 times
Ok..

Old 07-06-2015, 01:53 PM

6,504 posts, read 4,504,758 times
Sickandtiredofthis has never flown Business or First class before, as he has already admitted on another forum.

Take whatever he says with a very large pinch of salt.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Sickandtiredofthis has never flown Business or First class before, as he has already admitted on another forum.

Take whatever he says with a very large pinch of salt.
I think he lives in his parents basement, and probably will for life.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:43 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,764,098 times
Quote:
Why do I have to justify MY money and MY spending to YOU? YOU don't know what cabins I fly in because you don't know me!
It isn't your money, it is your parents' money. Stop pretending it's yours, Owen.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:14 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,605,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Florida is in the same time zone as NYC, and I have never flown from Florida to Europe. My flights have always been from EWR/JFK/PHL and once from CLT.
Howcome you don't fly direct from Florida? They have lots of direct flight to the major cities of Europe. It's those connnections that make the trip so much longer.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Howcome you don't fly direct from Florida? They have lots of direct flight to the major cities of Europe. It's those connnections that make the trip so much longer.
Because other than very limited flights from MCO I would have to go through MIA. No thanks. I stay loyal to OneWorld as often as possible, those miles pay off in the long run.

Additionally my travel partner is usually coming out of EWR or PHL and I meet them there for the onward journey. Sometimes I spend a couple of days in NY/NJ visiting friends and relatives before continuing onward.

Oh, one other thing. Concorde Room at JFK. 'Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or