U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 06:11 AM

7,668 posts, read 4,139,644 times

Advertisements

Except that EWR is a star alliance hub not Oneworld.

There are more than enough long haul destinations from mco.

London gatwick
Iceland
Manchester
Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Frankfurt
Dubai

And there is a direct flight using a 752 on American from mco to mia so no excuse there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 06:22 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,590,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Except that EWR is a star alliance hub not Oneworld.

There are more than enough long haul destinations from mco.

London gatwick
Iceland
Manchester
Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Frankfurt
Dubai

And there is a direct flight using a 752 on American from mco to mia so no excuse there.
Actually I can get any number of OneWorld flights from EWR. I don't like MIA and avoid it. Most of the airports you list are secondary and not places I travel to. I prefer LHR so I can use the Tube to and from. I have no need to travel to Dubai or most of those others.

And perhaps you missed where my traveling companion lives in NJ so EWR/PHL/JFK are more convenient.

I don't need excuses. My travel is just fine. It seems you are the one with the complaints.

And again. JFK. Concorde Room.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:26 AM

Well you can fly to London Heathrow from Miami with three airlines.. But then you said you don't like that airport either..

After that the only option for you is Atlanta since you've decided to restrict it so much.

Not that I give a crap.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Well you can fly to London Heathrow from Miami with three airlines.. But then you said you don't like that airport either..

After that the only option for you is Atlanta since you've decided to restrict it so much.

Not that I give a crap.
WTH are you talking about? I never said I had a problem with flying through EWR/PHL/JFK.

You are the one complaining about your flights. I quite enjoy mine. I have a few drinks in the departures lounge, get on the flight, maybe have dinner, put my seat back, and sleep for 5-6 hours.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:29 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,610,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Because other than very limited flights from MCO I would have to go through MIA. No thanks. I stay loyal to OneWorld as often as possible, those miles pay off in the long run.

Additionally my travel partner is usually coming out of EWR or PHL and I meet them there for the onward journey. Sometimes I spend a couple of days in NY/NJ visiting friends and relatives before continuing onward.

Oh, one other thing. Concorde Room at JFK. 'Nuff said.
I'd be more than happy to connect in JFK if I had access to the Concorde Room...lol.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I'd be more than happy to connect in JFK if I had access to the Concorde Room...lol.
What's stopping you?

Old 07-07-2015, 07:54 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,610,201 times
Quote:
What's stopping you?
I'm not in any elite flyer's club...lol.

I'd just like to avoid the mess like I suffered last time not getting my connection to Paris.

It doesn't help being a Star Alliance member and being in Atlanta.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I'm not in any elite flyer's club...lol.

I'd just like to avoid the mess like I suffered last time not getting my connection to Paris.

It doesn't help being a Star Alliance member and being in Atlanta.
Fly out of Newark or Washington.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:26 AM

14,251 posts, read 14,139,015 times
Quote:
Because other than very limited flights from MCO I would have to go through MIA. No thanks. I stay loyal to OneWorld as often as possible, those miles pay off in the long run.

Additionally my travel partner is usually coming out of EWR or PHL and I meet them there for the onward journey. Sometimes I spend a couple of days in NY/NJ visiting friends and relatives before continuing onward.

Oh, one other thing. Concorde Room at JFK. 'Nuff said.

Shame there's no Concorde to go with it.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Shame there's no Concorde to go with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or