U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 06:59 AM

2,143 posts, read 3,559,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Premium Economy doesn't seem an actual good deal to me : more expensive than economy without the substantial upgrade of flying business, am I right or not ?
I'm sure it depends on the airline and also the length of the flight. If it's anything over 6 hours, why not splurge a little and get the wider seat, more leg room and extra meal or two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 02:55 PM

7,681 posts, read 16,101,231 times
Just booked a couple of domestic first class tickets for the festive season. It was one of those times when the cheap economy fare buckets were already sold out, so price difference between economy with checked bag fee and first class with bag included was pretty marginal.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:09 PM

44,758 posts, read 36,160,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
How much was the Maine-Texas flight in economy per person? I have a San Diego-NYC flight with an economy ticket for $200, but first class would cost $486 more. NYC-SF was $200 for economy but over $1000 for first class. I couldn't convince myself to upgrade, even though this was a vacation.
I don't recall. What I do recall is that our first class tickets were under $1000 from Tyler, Texas to Boston and then from Portland Maine back to Tyler.

I had no trouble convincing myself to upgrade!

Old 10-17-2016, 03:31 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,153,495 times
Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
I'm sure it depends on the airline and also the length of the flight. If it's anything over 6 hours, why not splurge a little and get the wider seat, more leg room and extra meal or two?
I 'll think abut that for my ticket reservation to South Africa (on KLM), however my Financial limits are quite stretched, so if it is not an actual deal, I'll skip it; it's mainly because my wife have circulatory problems on long haul flights, otherwise I wouldn't do it (wit a minute... and if I reserved 1 premium seat and 1 standard seat, and we could take turns on the premium....

Old 10-18-2016, 08:58 AM

34 posts, read 16,325 times
Quote:
Premium Economy doesn't seem an actual good deal to me : more expensive than economy without the substantial upgrade of flying business, am I right or not ?
international premium economy (not to be confused with shorthaul seating like on united's "economy plus" where its just an extra few inches of pitch)..... is not widely offered, in the first place.

because of this, i havent seen too many examples of its pricing.

if it slots between coach and business, like it should be, for me it makes good value. allows stretching of ones leg, and provides full use of armrests without the shoulder-jockeying. and on day-time flights, why not

when i rode it on british airways quite a while ago, it wasnt too dissimilar to some business class at the time. like united's which was deep reclining, but not flat bed!

Old 10-18-2016, 09:00 AM

@ primus : do you know by chance if KLM offers Premium seats on their long distance flights?

Old 10-19-2016, 03:48 AM

2,214 posts, read 2,632,455 times
I never fly revenue first class, but sometimes get upgraded (status) or buy tickets with frequent flyer miles.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:58 AM

34 posts, read 16,325 times
Quote:
@ primus : do you know by chance if KLM offers Premium seats on their long distance flights?
They don't. Only 2-class service.
And on the airlines that have it - Turkish for example - it is offered on few specific routes

Where you trying to go and where from?

Old 10-19-2016, 06:27 AM

@ PRIMUSINTERPARES I'll be flying the Amsterdam -Cape Town, direct flight , too bad they don't have Premium, I would have tried it (well offered it to my wife to be exact, I would have soldiered on in cattle class)

Old 10-19-2016, 07:39 AM

2,214 posts, read 2,632,455 times
KL is offering Economy Comfort on many routes, but basically that is just the same seat as Economy Class with some more legroom and recline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or