U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2015, 10:53 PM
 
12,607 posts, read 7,538,198 times
Reputation: 23709

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
That's cutting to the chase?

Despite multiple visits, I've never had a turkey leg at Disney, and I don't think I've missed out on anything.
I never have either and don't ever plan on having a Disney turkey leg. Definitely not the reason I go and I don't know anyone else who likes those things.

I have a friend who goes to Disney every other year with her entire family, and with all the Disney postings and pictures they put on Facebook, I can't remember them ever talking about Turkey legs. They're always talking about the Dole Whip, so there are some food items they're obsessed with. Turkey legs just don't happen to be one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-20-2015, 08:41 AM
 
5,574 posts, read 5,833,230 times
Reputation: 16489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I never have either and don't ever plan on having a Disney turkey leg. Definitely not the reason I go and I don't know anyone else who likes those things.

I have a friend who goes to Disney every other year with her entire family, and with all the Disney postings and pictures they put on Facebook, I can't remember them ever talking about Turkey legs. They're always talking about the Dole Whip, so there are some food items they're obsessed with. Turkey legs just don't happen to be one of them.
Yep. Dole Whips are definitely a big Disney thing. There are Pinterest links dedicated to knockoff recipes. And I have to admit that on my recent trip, I posted a picture of my Mickey waffles. Not necessarily because they were so cute (which they were) but because I was so impressed that I could tell the buffet restaurant staff that I'm gluten free, and they would go out of their way to whip up GF Mickey waffles for me. I haven't had good waffles like that in a long time!

But neither the Dole Whip or the Mickey waffles are the reason I go either. They're a very tiny part of the equation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2015, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Honolulu
517 posts, read 567,388 times
Reputation: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
No, there are quite a few adults who love going, I know some of them family).

I don't get it, but to each their own. I'd rather spend that money traveling and learning about other cultures.
Yeha, I don't get adults who enjoy Disney World.

Personally, I've never gone because I did not grow up in USA and so never had a infatuation with the whole Disney culture...so I wouldn't care if I missed it but I would like one time experience....BUT seeing how expensive it is to go there with the day pass price raised to $100/day and the hotel/food I'm pretty sure I can get better value for my money at many other places than man made castle theme park.

I think Disney probably has lot of attractions to get adults to go there as well...otherwise they would lose attendance...but looks like they are not losing money on their theme parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2015, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Woodstock, GA
2,069 posts, read 3,502,785 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
Yeha, I don't get adults who enjoy Disney World.

Personally, I've never gone because I did not grow up in USA and so never had a infatuation with the whole Disney culture...so I wouldn't care if I missed it but I would like one time experience....BUT seeing how expensive it is to go there with the day pass price raised to $100/day and the hotel/food I'm pretty sure I can get better value for my money at many other places than man made castle theme park.
FYI: If you're an adult going without kids for a one-time experience, I'd recommend EPCOT over the magic kingdom. It has more that will interest you. MK is mostly for the kids ... although it does have Space Mountain which will be interesting to anyone who likes roller coasters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2015, 11:03 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
27,306 posts, read 15,772,260 times
Reputation: 9861
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
Yeha, I don't get adults who enjoy Disney World.

Personally, I've never gone because I did not grow up in USA and so never had a infatuation with the whole Disney culture...so I wouldn't care if I missed it but I would like one time experience....BUT seeing how expensive it is to go there with the day pass price raised to $100/day and the hotel/food I'm pretty sure I can get better value for my money at many other places than man made castle theme park.

I think Disney probably has lot of attractions to get adults to go there as well...otherwise they would lose attendance...but looks like they are not losing money on their theme parks.
They aren't losing money, just not making as much due to Harry Potter. There looks to be something new coming to Disney Hollywood Studios that should combat the Potter-verse. All I can say is look to the STARs and we very well may see a clone of Carsland from California Adventure as well. Epcot is getting a Frozen ride, Magic Kingdom expanded Fantasyland and Animal Kingdom has the world of Pandora straight from Avatar coming soon so the Studios is the only park that REALLY needs something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
FYI: If you're an adult going without kids for a one-time experience, I'd recommend EPCOT over the magic kingdom. It has more that will interest you. MK is mostly for the kids ... although it does have Space Mountain which will be interesting to anyone who likes roller coasters.
I disagree and think that an adult can have fun even in Magic Kingdom. Pirates (while not Disneyland's master version) is very entertaining. Jungle Cruise has somewhat adult humor depending on when you ride it. The Enchanted Tiki Room is back to its original form so it maybe the same you saw as a kid. Haunted Mansion is much more of an adult ride than a kiddie ride. Space Mountain as you mentioned is a thrill ride (too long of a line for my liking though) as is Big Thunder Mountain. If you grew up on the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, they now got an attraction themed to the Mermaid and Be Our Guest, a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant that actually serves alcohol during dinner service.

Don't get me wrong, I'd say the Disney Hollywood Studios is the closest thing to a thrill park and has a LOT of adult entertainment rather than kid heavy like Magic Kingdom. The same with Epcot. To an extent Animal Kingdom is too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2015, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Honolulu
517 posts, read 567,388 times
Reputation: 588
Yeah heard Epcot is the place to go as an adult, maybe I'll have to do it as part of a Florida vacation instead of spending all time/money at one place.

As long as the cost is not too crazy may try out MK. Are Epcot and MK two diff admission costs? Or is there deal to go into both. I've always had an image that the admission cost is very high and so maybe just do 1 or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2015, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Woodstock, GA
2,069 posts, read 3,502,785 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
Yeah heard Epcot is the place to go as an adult, maybe I'll have to do it as part of a Florida vacation instead of spending all time/money at one place.

As long as the cost is not too crazy may try out MK. Are Epcot and MK two diff admission costs? Or is there deal to go into both. I've always had an image that the admission cost is very high and so maybe just do 1 or the other.
Yes and yes.

Base admission is for one theme park only. But you can add a "park hopper" option that allows you entry to all parks.

Price per day goes down as you buy more days, of course. But to give you an idea, one day at MK is $105, and one day at any of the other parks is $97. The park hopper option is an additional $50 or $58 (depending on which base ticket you are adding it to).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top