Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 05:18 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,682,551 times

Advertisements

The family finally did the Disney trip. I don't get it! Ridiculously expensive, two hour waits for most rides, crowded, cranky people everywhere. I can see doing this one time for the experience, but people who do this over and over again for days? I just don't get it!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-12-2015 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Edited title at poster's request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 06:41 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,246,468 times
Different strokes for different folks. You chose to focus on the negative ... those things don't bother other people.

But that's the case for everything in life, not just Disney.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:53 PM

I understand what you are saying, however really we were able to get on five rides for the day. Waited in line for two hours for most of them I am curious what people find fun about the place, spending that much money to stand and wait.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:01 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,325,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I understand what you are saying, however really we were able to get on five rides for the day. Waited in line for two hours for most of them I am curious what people find fun about the place, spending that much money to stand and wait.
For me Disney isn't just about rides, if I want rides I can go to my local 6 flags. Disneyland is an experience it's about the characters, the atmosphere, the shows/parades and just the overall Disney vibe.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:52 PM

2,019 posts, read 1,729,707 times
Also those that do it frequently have a system that they follow that allows them they to avoid the lines, at least this was back before you could pay for whatever line skip system they have. I haven't been to Disney for over 15 years, but I remember that the key was to bolt for the most popular ride which was at the back of the park. Most people will start from the from the front and work their way around so after a few hours the popular lines got filled. Then there are certain rides that aren't busy at certain hours, etc.

The other thing is that those that do it over and over aren't trying to cram everything in a day or even two or 3. They will be content to spend time on only a few rides or in one area of the park. It's kinda the same as going to Europe for a week. You can either spend your time visiting 2 or 3 locations but not really getting to fully experience the places you go to or you can stay in one place and experience everything it has to offer. If you expect to be able to do both you are going to be disappointed.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
For me Disney isn't just about rides, if I want rides I can go to my local 6 flags. Disneyland is an experience it's about the characters, the atmosphere, the shows/parades and just the overall Disney vibe.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. It was raining so I think there weren't any characters. That messed terribly with the atmosphere. We tried to make the best of it!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:11 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,246,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Did you use FastPasses? You should have been able to do more than 5 rides. Did you do any planning, or did you just go to the park? To get the most out of it, you really have to plan in advance.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:19 PM

44,575 posts, read 61,375,226 times
I find it interesting that people go to places like the Disney's then complain about the crowds and the waiting. Don't they realize that they just added one or more persons to that mix. Seems like they made a contribution to the problem also.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Did you use FastPasses? You should have been able to do more than 5 rides. Did you do any planning, or did you just go to the park? To get the most out of it, you really have to plan in advance.
Fast passes for the Magic Kingdom are quirky. You can select three rides in advance, then it is the luck of the draw. We didn't stay all day. I am sure we would have been able to do a lot more if we had.

Definitely the rain put a damper on things. My daughter loved it, that's what matters!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:56 PM

13,978 posts, read 25,876,753 times
The secret to enjoying Disney is to go when school is in session, and avoid the summer months altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel