U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 10:42 AM

2,111 posts, read 2,087,563 times

Advertisements

Only in extreme temperature changes. When we'd go to the Caribbean in the dead of winter, I'd throw a pair of shorts and short socks in the carry on and change in the airport once we got there. Or coming home, I'd put the long pants and high top socks in the carry on and change just before getting on the plane. I'd always wear a short sleeve top and carry a sweater for the plane. I could never fly in a skirt or stockings as my legs and feet would always get too cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 12:10 PM

4,628 posts, read 5,365,502 times
Some people are met at the airport by job interviewers or fiances/fiancees, in which case, if it's a long flight, they probably would like to change and groom before being met. Beside the discomfort and wrinkles you may get on your nice clothing, there is always the risk of drinks spilling on your suit or pants...

Does every airport have restrooms at the baggage claim area? If so you could even take out clothing from checked baggage and change there.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:20 PM

424 posts, read 286,534 times
Never have, and never plan to.....

Old 06-14-2015, 04:38 PM

15,530 posts, read 13,513,460 times
- There are restrooms to change if you need to in the terminal after you exit the plane but before leaving the terminal area.
- I have changed before but only because flying international for two days total including layovers. I do this to freshen up, not to play dress up for someone. I do this in the airport restroom during my layovers.
- If you need something upon arrival, do not put in in checked baggage.
- Job interviewer meeting interviewee at airport...serious? And if so, expect the interviewee to be in a suit?
- Why would a fiance care?

Old 06-14-2015, 08:41 PM

163 posts, read 181,718 times
I plan to check into my hotel/motel and change if I am traveling for more than 4 hours.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:02 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,030,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It depends on where I am going. For business I dress for where I am going. For vacation I usually change when I arrive to my destination.
I generally wear shorts under my slacks and go into then plane lav to take them off .Do the reverse coming home. The only flying I do is to vacation in a warm climate during the winter.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:58 AM

2,702 posts, read 3,738,719 times
I do not dressy sloppily or crappy when I fly.. BUT I do not dress up either... I change clothes then next day after I take a shower..

Old 06-15-2015, 06:49 AM

457 posts, read 453,516 times
For those flights where they give you lounge wear, I think changing back into clothes on the plane is a better idea than wandering the terminal in generic pajamas. Then again, the classes that offer pajamas tend to have a higher bathroom to passenger ratio, so there isn't a line for the restroom.

I've taken a shower and changed on a layover after the first flight was 14 hours. It felt great.

When flying into Hawaii in the winter time I always carry lighter weight clothes in my carryon and change in the terminal before going to wait for my luggage.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:00 AM

5,459 posts, read 2,920,100 times
Nope, I hit the ground running ready to explore.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:14 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
I have changed, both on and off the plane. If I am flying on a carrier where I am given pajamas to change into before going to sleep, of course I change.

I have had business meetings in California and then taken a red-eye home. Of course I change into something comfortable to sleep in. Same with flying early morning east coast to west where I will be going into meetings on arrival. I pack my business attire in my carry on and change when I get there.

I typically only change in and out of pajamas on the plane and change otherwise in the airport itself.

On a long haul I typically like to take my toothbrush and paste (plus a bottle of water) to the lav after I wake up. Everything else I can do at my seat with a facial cleaning towelette and a small compact. The last time I flew long haul there were only four of us in F with two lavs, that time I did take my time to freshen up in the lav.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel