U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:15 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
- There are restrooms to change if you need to in the terminal after you exit the plane but before leaving the terminal area.
- I have changed before but only because flying international for two days total including layovers. I do this to freshen up, not to play dress up for someone. I do this in the airport restroom during my layovers.
- If you need something upon arrival, do not put in in checked baggage.
- Job interviewer meeting interviewee at airport...serious? And if so, expect the interviewee to be in a suit?
- Why would a fiance care?
Agree on everything except being met at the airport by a job interviewer. I have been picked up by the hiring manager and definitely wanted to be dressed appropriately with my hair and makeup in order as I stepped off the plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 08:18 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,151,966 times
Nope

Old 06-15-2015, 12:51 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,338,009 times
I don't change clothing until I arrive at the hotel. It is just to tricky and I would rather get to my hotel than be off changing in the restroom.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
I don't change clothing until I arrive at the hotel. It is just to tricky and I would rather get to my hotel than be off changing in the restroom.
Sometimes that isn't an option.

I often go directly from the plane to my meeting, and then onward to my hotel in a different town a couple hours away.

I live in Orlando and have had times where I have boarded a flight with the temps nearing 100 and arrived at my destination with the temps in the 50's. There is just so much that you can do to layer.

Also sometimes if you arrive on an overseas flight it can be several hours or more before your hotel room is available.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:42 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,909,278 times
I've never had to go to a meeting straight from an airport, thank goodness, so I never had the necessity to change clothes upon landing.

For a long plane ride, like when I go to Southeast Asia that takes 24 hrs or more. I always take a long shower at the connecting airport, mainly to refresh myself than for presentation's sake. I feel icky after 8+ hours straight with no shower.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I've never had to go to a meeting straight from an airport, thank goodness, so I never had the necessity to change clothes upon landing.

For a long plane ride, like when I go to Southeast Asia that takes 24 hrs or more. I always take a long shower at the connecting airport, mainly to refresh myself than for presentation's sake. I feel icky after 8+ hours straight with no shower.
Most of my business travel is east coast--flights as short as a couple hours total, so no reason to shower or rest. Typically I wear my business attire for those. Sometimes I take an early flight and land in California and go from the airport to an early afternoon meeting. For those longer flights I'd rather wear something comfy and change when I arrive, as I usually try to get some sleep on the plane.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:31 PM

71,921 posts, read 83,566,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Probably most people try to wear loose/comfortable clothing during flight. Sometimes you may want to look good upon arrival, e.g. if someone important will meet you at the airport. I know some people go to the lavatory to change shortly before landing, but it's very inconvenient. Is it the case that there are always (i.e. in almost all airports?) restrooms you can go before exiting the checked baggage area and meeting people outside?
I can't think of anyone so important that I would change clothes on the plane in in the terminal. I, like most do try and wear comfortably clothes when flying, but you can do this and still look acceptable.Yes, I have seen many people flying that should not wear those clothes outside. If they are ok with it, I guess I am also, but I just try to find the happy medium between comphy and classy. Even when traveling to another country I can find something that will work until I can check into the hotel. Some hotels will not allow early check in, I have been traveling world wide for 35 years and only seen this happen a couple of times. When traveling to different climates, I have worked that out. I wear a nice pair of slacks and a comfortable blouse and carry a jacket that matches. I used to have an outfit I called my uniform. When we traveled from say,NM to see our kids in Florida or onto the caribbean, I wore it. The pants and blouse were an outfit, the jacket had matching colors and was wool. It worked perfectally.

I can remember a few times when hubby had a job intervies in a different location. He would fly in a day early, always.That way he had time to unwind and get a decent nights sleep, a decent shower and change clothes for his interview.

Last edited by nmnita; 06-15-2015 at 02:41 PM..

Old 06-15-2015, 02:55 PM

9,123 posts, read 17,125,688 times
I changed in the airport for a in-terminal job interview.

The company who were hiring was doing 1st in person interview in the terminal, there office was few minutes from the airport, Had me call them when I landed.

Meet in Landside restaurant, Had flow in from EWR - ORD, on a crack of dawn flight, Changed my shirt, re-shaved, put on nice shoes, when LandSide did the interview, was back thru Security 2hr later for flight back to EWR.

2nd Interview with the owner, was at their office, but I was able to hotel it due to flight / scheduling. So change for interview there.

Yes I got the job.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't think of anyone so important that I would change clothes on the plane in in the terminal. I, like most do try and wear comfortably clothes when flying, but you can do this and still look acceptable.Yes, I have seen many people flying that should not wear those clothes outside. If they are ok with it, I guess I am also, but I just try to find the happy medium between comphy and classy. Even when traveling to another country I can find something that will work until I can check into the hotel. Some hotels will not allow early check in, I have been traveling world wide for 35 years and only seen this happen a couple of times. When traveling to different climates, I have worked that out. I wear a nice pair of slacks and a comfortable blouse and carry a jacket that matches. I used to have an outfit I called my uniform. When we traveled from say,NM to see our kids in Florida or onto the caribbean, I wore it. The pants and blouse were an outfit, the jacket had matching colors and was wool. It worked perfectally.

I can remember a few times when hubby had a job intervies in a different location. He would fly in a day early, always.That way he had time to unwind and get a decent nights sleep, a decent shower and change clothes for his interview.
About a year ago I had a job interview that I had to fly in for. The hiring manager picked me up at the airport and drove me to corporate HQ. They paid for the ticket, I didn't have a choice as to when I would be traveling.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:19 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,338,009 times
Thankfully all of my travel is pleasure so if I look like poop it isn't a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel