U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:49 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,338,570 times

Advertisements

Has anybody ever been on a lifestyle cruise? I'm thinking of going in the fall yet I have never even been on a cruise at all. Clearly I'm looking for a cruise without children. Thoughts, ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 01:10 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
Has anybody ever been on a lifestyle cruise? I'm thinking of going in the fall yet I have never even been on a cruise at all. Clearly I'm looking for a cruise without children. Thoughts, ideas?
If you aren't looking for a lifestyle cruise, then why would you pay extra to take one when there are plenty of cruises with few to no children that aren't "lifestyle" in nature.

If you are looking for a true lifestyle cruise, not trying to be rude, but there are message boards very specific to that topic that you will likely get a lot more information from. There are one or two people on these boards now and then who have taken lifestyle cruises, but if it were me I'd probably try to gain as much info as possible rather than wait around for one or two people who might be able to answer my questions.

If you are looking for a lifestyle cruise, I would read this first...

Cruise Vacation Company Shoes Only Travel Defrauds Clients; Former Owner Begins Operations under Sensual Sojourns Name

Old 06-15-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If you aren't looking for a lifestyle cruise, then why would you pay extra to take one when there are plenty of cruises with few to no children that aren't "lifestyle" in nature.

If you are looking for a true lifestyle cruise, not trying to be rude, but there are message boards very specific to that topic that you will likely get a lot more information from. There are one or two people on these boards now and then who have taken lifestyle cruises, but if it were me I'd probably try to gain as much info as possible rather than wait around for one or two people who might be able to answer my questions.

If you are looking for a lifestyle cruise, I would read this first...

Cruise Vacation Company Shoes Only Travel Defrauds Clients; Former Owner Begins Operations under Sensual Sojourns Name

Very interesting. We actually know Kevin Hodges and are thinking of booking a trip with him. So far he appears to be on the up and up, but, I am always concerned.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Very interesting. We actually know Kevin Hodges and are thinking of booking a trip with him. So far he appears to be on the up and up, but, I am always concerned.
We were screwed out of thousands by the Baltuchs and would be wary of any of their associates.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
We were screwed out of thousands by the Baltuchs and would be wary of any of their associates.

Yes! I'm totally understanding that you would be Kevin and his wife always seem very nice, but, they are hoping to make a buck or two from us so....

Old 06-15-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Yes! I'm totally understanding that you would be Kevin and his wife always seem very nice, but, they are hoping to make a buck or two from us so....
Jonathan and Lori always seemed very nice as well...

We know people who got far more screwed than we did--they had paid in full under 30 days before Jonathan and Lori closed shop on their wine and food charter company. They had also bought their airfare, paid for a tour, booked pre and post cruise hotel rooms. They were out around $15K.

The worst part was they were taking reservations for cruises that they knew weren't happening right up until the end. They also never informed two of the wineries affected--I heard about it through the grapevine and called them both myself!

It was a hard lesson learned and we'll probably never take a cruise through a charter company again.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:26 PM

5,188 posts, read 13,352,934 times
They have "Lifestyle" cruises... totally chartered.....you will have to book thru the sponsor. You won't find this on a regular, public cruise.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM

15,068 posts, read 19,002,971 times
Quote:
Why didn't you pay with a credit card?

Old 06-16-2015, 06:50 AM

5,662 posts, read 3,643,856 times
Quote:
I'm a little confused. Are you looking for a lifestyle cruise because of a particular theme that you wish to experience? Or are you simply trying to avoid children, and figure a lifestyle cruise would be a good way to do it?

If the latter, I would say don't worry about finding a lifestyle cruise. Just take a regular cruise on a line that doesn't cater as much to families, and/or cruise during a time when schools are in session and thus few children are likely to be onboard.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Why didn't you pay with a credit card?
We did. But they don't refund a deposit made more than six months previous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or