U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 10:48 AM

765 posts, read 772,277 times

Advertisements

I live in Los Angeles CA
I am willing to travel outside california as well to do travel and explore beautiful areas I wanted to travel to some places
like Desert Egypt Ruins
Ice Caves
Volcanoes
Tropical Forest
Haunted ghost houses
Gold Mines
Caverns
Etc these are just some ideas
You guys have any good places to go around california or in the united states?
In the future I want to plan out places to travel and explore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 11:09 AM

7,316 posts, read 4,162,308 times
Good for you for wanting to travel and explore! You're going to have fun!

My suggestions for starters:

Volcanoes: Lassen Volcanic National Park, Mt. Saint Helens, Yellowstone, Hawaii, New Zealand (especially White Island), Iceland

Tropical Forest: Ecuador, Brazil, Costa Rica

Gold Mines: They're all over the American West - but they are also hazardous to enter. As for currently operating mines, I have no idea.

Caverns: Carlsbad Caverns and Mammoth Cave, just for starters. For visits to wild, pristine caves, get involved with a local spelunking group. Caving's not an activity you can learn safely on your own.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:38 PM

12,292 posts, read 18,413,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
I live in Los Angeles CA
I am willing to travel outside california as well to do travel and explore beautiful areas I wanted to travel to some places
like Desert Egypt Ruins
Ice Caves
Volcanoes
Tropical Forest
Haunted ghost houses
Gold Mines
Caverns
Etc these are just some ideas
You guys have any good places to go around california or in the united states?
In the future I want to plan out places to travel and explore
The great thing about California is it has almost all of the above in one way or another (except for desert egypt ruins - probably need to like go to Egypt to see that). You don't even need to leave the state.
That's what national parks are made for - do your research on those in California and have fun.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:23 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,585 posts, read 39,962,822 times
Scoot on over to Utah National Parks (during March through May)

This area in NoCa is nice (near Lassen)
Lava Beds National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Lava Beds National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)

For adventure in CA... I enjoy riding my $500 vintage motorcycle on these roads.
286 Motorcycle Roads in California USA
California Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best California motorcycle routes for planning great California motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Old 06-17-2015, 02:06 AM

605 posts, read 467,457 times
If you have a passport I would go to Guatemala (or almost anywhere in Central and South America really). Not only is it ridiculously cheap compared with the US but there are also active volcanoes you can hike up, colonial towns and Mayan ruins to explore, rain forests you can visit, etc.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:29 PM

7,738 posts, read 9,033,995 times
Costa Rica gets my vote. Tons to do there.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:02 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,269,803 times
What do you mean by "adventure"? Being driven in a tour bus to the entrance to a cave and then walked through the cave by tour guide with electric lights on doesn't exactly sound like "adventure" to me. Perfectly worth doing and can be a fascinating experience, but I think "adventure" means something else. Like hiking two days to the cave and going in by yourself.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:50 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,447,708 times
Trek around Kanchenjunga in Nepal or India. Few people do that compared to Everest and K2, and it's the third highest peak on Earth.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:31 PM

9,597 posts, read 17,179,613 times
New Zealand has a large adventure tourism infrastructure, plus there are hikes you can do practically all over the country, or South Island anyway.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:39 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,816,192 times
I really liked Cambodia a lot. The cost is not very expensive, and a lot of things to do and see with Angkor Wat being at the top of the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or