U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:21 AM

7,668 posts, read 4,137,439 times

Advertisements

Off to Dc and NYC next month. I've paid off the NYC hotel but I haven't paid off the DC hotel, I have a few hundred left to pay and should have it paid off by the 9th July.

The hotel hasn't taken the money from the credit card but i'd love to pay it off now to get the bill out of the road. We never use the drinks in the fridge so its pointless holding the card for additional payments.

Would it be possible for Marriott to take the money now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Off to Dc and NYC next month. I've paid off the NYC hotel but I haven't paid off the DC hotel, I have a few hundred left to pay and should have it paid off by the 9th July.

The hotel hasn't taken the money from the credit card but i'd love to pay it off now to get the bill out of the road. We never use the drinks in the fridge so its pointless holding the card for additional payments.

Unless you use one of the pay now non-refundable rates, no.

Even if it is paid in advance, you would still be required to put down a credit or debit card hold at check in.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:14 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,833,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post

Call Marriott. Explain you have a room reserved, and ask if they have a lower rate if you pay in advance. Many hotel chains do. Even if they don't offer a lower rate, they should allow you to pre-pay. But just know that at both hotels you will still be required to present a credit card which they will place a hold on for incidentals, even if you don't plan to use them.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:36 PM

7,680 posts, read 16,098,271 times
Hotels also require a credit card on file for damages/"shrinkage". We were in a Hyatt House a few weeks back that had a polite sign in the kitchen saying that if we liked any of the furnishings in the room and wished to take them with us, they would gladly bill them to the room at post-checkout housekeeping inspection.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:36 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Hotels also require a credit card on file for damages/"shrinkage". We were in a Hyatt House a few weeks back that had a polite sign in the kitchen saying that if we liked any of the furnishings in the room and wished to take them with us, they would gladly bill them to the room at post-checkout housekeeping inspection.
Yep--pretty standard in hotels these days. I almost always see them attached to the hangers that bathrobes are on. Most hotels are selling their "signature" bedding as well. Of course you can buy the same or nicer for half the price at Macy's.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:03 PM

Well I rang up Marriott and yes we can pay right now, we were sent a form with instructions. We filled it out but it says we need to fax it so I will have to ring up again tomorrow.

I don't understand why they can't just take our money over the phone or by email like any other company.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:07 PM

9,126 posts, read 17,133,831 times
Email is not secure.

Fax will have your signature on it, Phone won't.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:08 PM

Well how am I supposed to send that off then?

Either way I will wait to tomorrow as its midnight now.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:12 PM

9,126 posts, read 17,133,831 times
A local Bar that has a Fax Machine.

BTW: They will still need a credit card when you check in for any Incidents Hotel Charges, Even if you don't plan to make any, they still need one to hold 50/100$ just in case you do...

Phone Calls, MiniBar, Pay-per-View, Room Service etc.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:15 PM

Hmmm. I'll ring them up again.

Anyway, I know that I just want the bill paid. Here in the UK when we buy things we pay them there and then, I hate having things sitting there to be paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or