U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:29 AM

5,445 posts, read 3,292,866 times

Advertisements

What theme park in your opinion has the best roller coasters?

I've been to both Disney theme parks in Anaheim, Great America, and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I think Six Flags Discovery Kingdom has the best roller coasters out of all those theme parks. Roller coasters at Great America doesn't compare to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. And the Disney parks has mostly kiddie rides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 11:31 AM

6,439 posts, read 3,451,927 times
I thought Cedar Point in Ohio was regarded as the park with the best roller coasters - they deem themselves Roller Coaster Capital of the World

Old 07-01-2015, 01:10 PM

556 posts, read 761,064 times
My favorite park is Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I think they strike a nice balance between rides and appearance. Bigger/faster rides than Disney, and nicer grounds than Six Flags and Cedar Fair brand parks. They currently have six coasters (seven if you counter the kiddie coaster), plus a few really nice flat rides.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:53 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,831,065 times
I think Carowinds just opened a new ride that's supposed to be the something-est in the world? (Fastest? Steepest? Scariest? I dunno.)

ETA: just looked it up, Fury 325 is the tallest and fastest Giga Coaster in the world, whatever that means. LOL

Old 07-01-2015, 05:13 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,094,287 times
This article has a good list of parks to visit and there are even some international ones on the list.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:51 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,070,478 times
Cedar Point is definitely one of them, as usually they are the ones that come out with the record breakers first. I would also say Kings Island has some kick a** roller coasters as well. I haven't been to either in several years, so I'd love to get back one day. A couple of other parks I'd like to visit as I've You Tubed their roller coaster's front seat POVs are the following;

Canada's Wonderland
Kings Dominion
Carowinds
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Over Texas

Old 07-02-2015, 01:55 PM

15,908 posts, read 10,070,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I thought Cedar Point in Ohio was regarded as the park with the best roller coasters - they deem themselves Roller Coaster Capital of the World

Technically they lost that title though, because Six Flags Magic Mountain has the most roller coasters. Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland are tied for 2nd most. A big part of it is because Cedar Point took down 2 roller coasters, Wild Cat and Disaster Transport. Not to mention they're focusing on making other improvements like to their resorts around the park. At any rate, they recently tore down the theater there, and took out a few flat rides (from what I understand) and there has been talk that space is being cleared for a new roller coaster... I heard rumors it would be a dive coaster.

I think it's time for Cedar Point to truly regain the crown of having the most roller coasters in the world. Not sure if they will, but perhaps.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:12 PM

7,668 posts, read 4,135,223 times
I thought that Bushce Gardens Tampa had alot of high, intense, fast rollercoasters. I am not one for rollercoasters if I am honest.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:10 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,776,432 times
Love Space Mountain at Disney World and the Haunted Mansion (okay, not a roller coaster.. but spend years dreaming of going on this ride as a kid so when I finally went as an adult I was hooked). I go to Disney World Parks a couple times a year. Like Both Florida Universal Parks... but overall like the Disney Park Experiences better. The rides in the Harry Potter area are pretty cool. Did not see anything more interesting in Disney Land Paris then in Disney world expect the dialouge in the background of the Parade was in French ... which was cute. I went to PortAventura in Spain that park had some cool rides... really cool shows too, but did not have enough time to see even half of the stuff.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:40 PM

7,668 posts, read 4,135,223 times
I went on the Harry Potter ride with the walk under the castle, it was SO fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel