U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 2,441 times

Advertisements

Hi !

I am driving my Mustang from Sacramento to Denver. I plan to drive 10 hours each day. With gas/quick restroom and food breaks, that should mean no more than 12 hours on the road each day.

My question is ... where would you recommend me stopping for the night on my first day?

I am female and driving alone, so I'm looking for somewhere that I feel safe...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,557 posts, read 39,934,465 times
Near Park City, UT
  1. little over 1/2 way
  2. pretty location, (slightly off the I-80 path)
  3. beyond SLC traffic,
  4. Great place for a beautiful sunrise breakfast and fresh start of the morning.
  5. Might need to 'shop' for a 'cheap' place. (thus I say 'nearby')
  6. But there will be plenty of NICE places in the region, get a lesser expensive place to stay, then have dinner / breakfast enjoying a beautiful lodge.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:35 AM

This is EXTREMELY helpful...thanks a BUNCH!

Old 07-11-2015, 09:28 PM

527 posts, read 1,258,226 times
We are from the Sacramento area and daughter goes to college in Salt Lake City.

Park City is 20 minutes or so beyond SLC. If you can make it that far, it is lovely - but expensive. If you decide to stop in SLC, get off at the exit for Sugar House / Westminster College, go left over the freeway on the bridge. You'll see a tall dorm building labeled "The Draw" and a gas station. Turn left at the gas station. There is a hotel on the left just west of the gas station, and it's in a "university" part of town, and safe. There is a Whole Foods around the corner from there, too, if you want breakfast, coffee, or some road food!

If you are getting tired, nothing wrong with staying in Wendover, Nevada. But it's big and empty pretty much between Wendover and SLC (and not good to drive it if you are exhausted).

Best wishes and be safe!!

Old 07-18-2015, 10:30 AM

Thanks Justducky2, options are ALWAYS good to have. And it's good to know that Park City is more expensive.

I totally appreciate your response.

I leave tomorrow.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or