Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst Airport?
LAX (Los Angeles Int'l) 16 35.56%
IAD (Washington Dulles Int'l) 3 6.67%
EWR (Newark Liberty Int'l) 13 28.89%
ATL (Hartsfield-Jackson (Int'l) 13 28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 08:57 PM

884 posts, read 1,172,100 times

Advertisements

My favorite airline in the US is Virgin America, decent leg room, great customer service, and they have their entertainment system that includes music, games, videos, all for free on your flight. They also had very good pricing from LAX to the east coast. Unfortunately, where I live now I can't fly them to that many places anymore. The downside is they don't have free snacks but few airlines do. A close second is JetBlue but their prices are usually kinda costly for me, plus now they charge for bags.

Southwest is okay, I haven't flown them too much but I have never had an issue with them. I've actually never had an issue with delta either but I know a lot of people who have. I assume i've just gotten lucky, and I don't fly them very much either.

Oh and Horizon air (which is a sister airline to Alaska) has free beer/wine from the pacific northwest when you fly them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 09:54 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,663,404 times
Virgin and Southwest in that order, are my two favorite airlines.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:30 PM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,531,204 times
Favorite airports: RDU (Terminal 2), TPA, MCO. I've also recently begun flying back and forth between RDU and PIE (St. Pete-Clearwater). It's a small airport but SO EASY to get in and out of by car.

Favorite airline will always be Southwest. I've started flying Allegiant for the cost savings, as I travel every month back and forth between Raleigh and Central FL. I really can't complain too much about the $42 one-way fare.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:21 AM

5,984 posts, read 3,457,430 times
Best: Denver International Airport (DEN) and Sky Harbor (PHX)

Worst: my home airport of LaGuardia (LGA)

Last edited by Shalop; 08-20-2015 at 01:30 AM..

Old 08-20-2015, 01:28 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Favorite airports are Phoenix and Nashville; I rarely fly anybody besides Southwest, and their terminals are a breeze to navigate, and Nashville in particular.

Honorable mentions go to San Antonio and Kansas City.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:35 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
ATL is probably the worst for me, you need longer times between connections there and sometimes you have to run!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:28 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Ironically, i think ATL is the best or at least near the top. For such a large airport, you can move around quickly and easily IMO! DFW is my favorite.. i love being able to park close to where you pick someone up or get dropped off close to your gate.

KC and Boston are my least favorites. KC used to have security for ever 2 gates, right at the gate so if you wanted to hit the restroom before boarding, you had to exit and reenter security! Not sure if its still that way or not. Boston is simply a nightmare to get in and out of via a car... ugh!

Old 08-20-2015, 08:15 AM

696 posts, read 906,855 times
Best: MCO
IND (though I haven't been through there in several years)

Meh: AMS (long walk from European gates to exit; much of airport is currently under renovation.)
DUB
LGW

Bad: JFK (tolerable if you have Global Entry)
EWR (gotten worse with all the TSA security theatre, even for "trusted" travellers. Easy highway access for NJ residents)

Worst: LGA,LHR,CDG ('nuf said)

Old 08-20-2015, 08:17 AM

66 posts, read 88,038 times
I have never flown Southwest, but isn't it a cheap option for flying? I heard that their service isn't all that great. After my horrible experience with American/US Airways, I always fly Delta nowadays because of how they handle allergies, specifically nut allergies. I have heard great things about Virgin, but I live by RDU so I would have to drive up to one of the Washington airports to fly anywhere out west. Its only a four hour drive and I do have family up there but for 30 dollars cheaper, it's not worth it when I can fly Delta direct to LAX. I'm still trying to find ways not to go to LAX. I was thinking about maybe San Diego and visit some family there and then drive up to Palm Springs for my sister's wedding, (I heard the drive was nice and that I don't have to experience "The" 405) but it is a bit more expensive. Does anyone know if the drive from San Diego to Palm Springs equivalent to Anaheim (We may stop by Disneyland) to Palm Springs?

Old 08-20-2015, 08:32 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,070,062 times
Best: MCO, BNA, and OAK are my favorites

Worst: the Southwest terminal/concourse at LaGuardia is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. I fly to about a dozen different cities every year, and there's just nothing that touches how bad that concourse is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel