U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM

1,418 posts, read 5,002,527 times

Advertisements

My family (wife and 14/12 year old sons) and I were talking about WDW and were suprised at how different our opinions in the parks were. We love ALL four parks, but my wife's favorites, in order, are MK, Ep, AK, DS. The boy's are DS, MK, AK, Ep. In order, my favorites are....

1. Epcot - I find it hard to describe why I love it so much. It's the most unique theme park in the world. Future World has such a nice mix of attractions (some could use a little updating). Love Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. My boys thing I'm nuts, but the rides are soooo relaxing. World Showcase is just awesome. Seems to have a bit of romance to it and takes you to a world away from your worries. Always feel a little sad when the day ends.

2. Magic Kingdom - So Magical. The first Disney park I ever attended (1978 at 13 years old). Felt great taking my sons for the first time when they were little. Wonderful, ageless attractions.Makes you almost want to live there!

3. Disney Studios - Love seeing the boys have so much fun there. Fantasmic is breathtaking! Love the movie themeing.

4. Animal Kingdom - One of the most beautiful parks I've ever seen. Lion King Show is one of the best anywhere. Needs another attraction/show or two. Not the best laid out park in terms of walking. Nevertheless, a park we always enjoy visiting.

What are your favorites? Your family's favorites? Am I the only one in the world who likes Epcot the best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 05:06 PM

67 posts, read 127,372 times
My favorite is Animal Kingdom. I haven't been there since they put in the new rollercoaster, but I just love the feel of the place. My daughter loved the jungle parade and "It's Tough to be a Bug" is lots of fun. I like the walks where you view the animals along the pathway and if you go toward closing time, there are not many people left, so you get a great views.

After that, I'd have to say MGM Studios (love Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster), Epcot and finally, Magic Kingdom (it's always so crowded!).

I think my husband might like Epcot the best. I know he really loved Mission to Mars (is that the right name?) and my daughter was enchanted by the Living Seas.

We have another little girl now, so it will be a while before we go back to Disney. We want her to be old enough to remember it!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM

896 posts, read 3,064,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendnc View Post
My family (wife and 14/12 year old sons) and I were talking about WDW and were suprised at how different our opinions in the parks were. We love ALL four parks, but my wife's favorites, in order, are MK, Ep, AK, DS. The boy's are DS, MK, AK, Ep. In order, my favorites are....

1. Epcot - I find it hard to describe why I love it so much. It's the most unique theme park in the world. Future World has such a nice mix of attractions (some could use a little updating). Love Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. My boys thing I'm nuts, but the rides are soooo relaxing. World Showcase is just awesome. Seems to have a bit of romance to it and takes you to a world away from your worries. Always feel a little sad when the day ends.

2. Magic Kingdom - So Magical. The first Disney park I ever attended (1978 at 13 years old). Felt great taking my sons for the first time when they were little. Wonderful, ageless attractions.Makes you almost want to live there!

3. Disney Studios - Love seeing the boys have so much fun there. Fantasmic is breathtaking! Love the movie themeing.

4. Animal Kingdom - One of the most beautiful parks I've ever seen. Lion King Show is one of the best anywhere. Needs another attraction/show or two. Not the best laid out park in terms of walking. Nevertheless, a park we always enjoy visiting.

What are your favorites? Your family's favorites? Am I the only one in the world who likes Epcot the best?

You hit it! You've got all my faves listed in the correct order! And I like Epcot for the same reasons you do! The rest of my family likes Magic Kingdom best (four daughters worship the princesses!). My husband didn't really have anything to say when I asked him--he's just along for the ride. Just moved 20 mins. south of Disney Land and don't want to ruin the Disney experience by going!

Last edited by 5FLgirls; 01-27-2008 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: didn't finish

Old 01-27-2008, 07:06 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,516,288 times
I love all the ones you mention but the one I love the best is Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard beach if Typhoon Lagoon is to busy.

I love to play in the water. I think I was a mermaid in a previous life.

I do enjoy spending the day at the water park and then showering off in the park and going over to Epcot for the evening or The Magic Kingdom, we often do that in the summer.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:51 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,560,246 times
1. Magic Kingdom - all the classic rides I love are there.

2. Epcot - I like to walk around on nice days and relax.

3. MGM - I love ToT and RnRC...two of the best rides.

4. Animal Kingdom - Too far to drive just to ride Everest and Dinosaur.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,516,288 times
One of the things I LOVE about Epcot is all the different places to eat.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:50 AM

2,934 posts, read 7,627,266 times
MK will always be near-n-dear to my heart because I worked there in the olden days.
Then comes EPCOT
Then, it can be either MGM or AK depending on crowds -- I find AK is the hardest park to negotiate, and when there are crowds it becomes even worse.

BTW, the MGM park is now known as "Disney's Hollywood Studios" -- how confusing is that!!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:24 AM

151 posts, read 476,664 times
When I went to Disney World, I liked Magic Kingdom the best.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 AM

5,391 posts, read 11,891,333 times
1. Epcot - like that it is larger, thus more room and not as crowded. And great food selection. A park for foodies. Good rides.

2. MK - best rides, but OMG!! the crowds... We went last early June, we basically were forced to not go during the day, and only go after 6:00 at night the crowds were so intense. I am truly amazed at the DW crowd control.

3. MGM: great shows. Good for the days you don't feel like walking. Lots of sitdown shows. Muppet show, Indiana Jones, stunt spectactular, etc.

4. Animal Kingdom: first class DW... But we really didn't get a flavor of it much. We left early cause it was so hot that day, 100 degrees and 98% humidity. We all just about got heat sickness and left and never got back there. We loved that safari ride. "dinosaur" left the kids traumatized. And "bugs life" freaked me out, cause I am claustrophobic - the queue for that attraction is bad. Everest - daughter was too short to ride, so we didn't go on that either.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:28 AM

2,676 posts, read 4,426,653 times
The Anaheim is way to crowded and expensive to be fun. The California adeventure across the street is pretty fun because they have some real rides, like the rollercoaster. But the nonDisney parks are always the best,Knottsberry farm etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel