Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to take the same vacation every year
YES! If I enjoy it, why not 70 67.96%
NO, it shows fear and lack of intellectual interest 23 22.33%
Maybe, if the price was right 10 9.71%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 11:48 AM

774 posts, read 744,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likable View Post
My cousin has two weeks of vacation in his job. He takes it all at once. Two weeks at a resort in Northern Minnesota. The same resort, the same weeks and the same cabin. This for the last 15 years.

Is there something to be said for sticking with the tried and true vacation as long as you like it?

What kind of hell hole does he work at that only gives 2 weeks of vacation for 15 plus years of employment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 11:57 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,307 times
Quote:
My cousin has two weeks of vacation in his job. He takes it all at once. Two weeks at a resort in Northern Minnesota. The same resort, the same weeks and the same cabin. This for the last 15 years.

Is there something to be said for sticking with the tried and true vacation as long as you like it?

Are you footing the bill, house sitting and paying his utility bills while he is off fishing? If not, how is this a burden on you?

Was he part of the conversation or did a bunch of you gossip about it?

Old 01-07-2016, 12:08 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,783,142 times
Quote:

Well, maybe he's meeting someone on the down low and wants privacy?

I don't know anyone like that, but then I have learned to trim my nose without others help...

As another said 15 years and only 2 weeks? I was at 6 years on a job and getting 3 weeks....

Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,953,679 times
Why does everyone assume the OP has a problem with something if they wonder or even post about it; maybe some people are just naturally curious? It would be a boring site if people weren't...

My money is on the illicit affair ("Same Time Next Year")...

Old 01-07-2016, 12:44 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,803 times
It sounds like he likes to relax during his vacation in a nice and quiet place.

Not everyone craves drama and excitement !

Old 01-07-2016, 01:10 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
He likes it. He pays for it. What does anyone else care? Good for him finding a place he enjoys!

Old 01-07-2016, 01:11 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,953,679 times
"What does anyone else care?"

If no one else cared (about any of this stupid stuff), there wouldn't be a CD.

SMH!

Old 01-07-2016, 02:05 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
People who buy fixed week timeshares do that too or trade off with someone else. We have a very flexible timeshare plan but what I am finding is we really had a better time on vacation when we were limited in choices because of time and distance. Maybe the same place vacation where you know what is fun to do may be the way to go.

Before we had a timeshare we could afford a few nights at Carolina Beach. We had a favorite hotel that was within walking distance to the carnival type area. One vacation would almost fit into the vacation for the previous and next vacation and our children loved it.

Get up at 6 A. M. put on old clothes and go looking for seashells. Then out for breakfast and back to play on the beach until it started getting hot at about 10 A. M. Go into Wilmington and buy KFC for a picnic and adventures at Fort Fisher. Back for more late afternoon ocean play then walk to downtown and eat at a restaurant then back to the room and drop into bed.

We would keep almost the same schedule except the sight seeing in the middle of the day would change to a trip to the aquarium, a trip to the USS North Carolina and a trip on the ferry to historical ruins and walk in a park than either back on the ferry or a trip into Wilmington to the park with swings, ducks, etc.

There was always plenty of children friendly things to do.
Glad to see there are others who can't just sit on the beach all day and roast. Late afternoon swimming is the best.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:10 PM

13,714 posts, read 12,424,223 times
I don't know if he fishes or golfs, but this might be paradise for him. Especially if he deals with a lot of stress or activity at work, happiness might be staring at a bobber.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:27 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,579,494 times
Quote:

Have you seen the movie "Same Time, Next Year"?

I'm guessing that's where cousin is going to retire to?

Sure, I would. If I found a place I loved, with beauty, I know where everything is, always have a great time, I would. One advantage is you get to know the local people. He may also get some perks for being a repeat customer.

But...and you'll think this is strange....I've never gone anywhere on a vacation in my life. So I'm not experienced at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel