Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to take the same vacation every year
YES! If I enjoy it, why not 70 67.96%
NO, it shows fear and lack of intellectual interest 23 22.33%
Maybe, if the price was right 10 9.71%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 02:08 PM

860 posts, read 2,204,729 times

Advertisements

Maybe he discovered the fountain of youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 11:26 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
I wouldn't do this but I can't vote for the "NO" answer because of the "it shows fear and lack of intellectual interest" qualifier. I can't assume that is what it shows.

Mahalo

Old 01-22-2016, 02:39 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
I did that my whole childhood with my family who had a house on the French north Atlantic coast, so I avoid that like the plague. When I see people buying time share properties, that makes me laugh. Nothign better than "change, travel, excitement", I'm like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland!

Old 01-22-2016, 03:42 AM

16,667 posts, read 17,430,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I did that my whole childhood with my family who had a house on the French north Atlantic coast, so I avoid that like the plague. When I see people buying time share properties, that makes me laugh. Nothign better than "change, travel, excitement", I'm like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland!
You mean you're late?

Old 01-22-2016, 05:47 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
No I mean I love "change, travel , excitement" (for my vacations at least). However I'm rarely late in actual life.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:52 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
At this stage in my life, I'm a "NO," but I didn't vote "no" in this poll as I disagree with the reason provided. Rather than harshly being described as "fear" and a "lack of intellectual interest," I just want to see as much of the world as possible in my short time on the Earth.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:32 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Ever see that old movie, "Same Time Next Year?"
Haha, yep. I watch it once a year. (Just kidding.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Why does everyone assume the OP has a problem with something if they wonder or even post about it; maybe some people are just naturally curious? It would be a boring site if people weren't...

My money is on the illicit affair ("Same Time Next Year")...
lol! You're not giving up on that theory, are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Have you seen the movie "Same Time, Next Year"?

I'm guessing that's where cousin is going to retire to?
I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't think of that movie when I saw this thread. Now I wanna watch it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Guys! guys! you are responding to a user that has been banned multiple times and creates new IDs each time (note the "not a member" under the OP). The legitimacy of the very topic should be questioned.

In other words, you are wasting time and bandwidth on this thread.
Now you tell me, after I've read through the entire thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
On our trip home we always stop in Havasu city and a small tourist trap town for photo ops every year with our kids, we take pics at the same location, but this year we went to the Hoover Dam also.
Oatman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
This year we will stop at Glenwood Springs, Colorado to ride the swing and Royal Gorge to walk the bridge.

Giant Canyon Swing Colorado Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
Lol, omg, that swing.

~~~

To answer the original post, I wouldn't want to only go to the same place year after year, after year, but I do like to return to favorite places that I really liked. (It's also kind of weird how some areas make you feel more like you "belong" there, or they feel familiar or something.)

But if a person doesn't do what they like to do on their vacation, what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel