Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM

666 posts, read 478,817 times

Advertisements

I am looking into our 6 night honeymoon for next October and am pretty much in between Aruba and Playa del carmen Mexico. I have been to and loved both. My fiance has not been to Aruba tho (i had previously gone with an ex eek). If we did Aruba we would do the Bucuti and Tara beach resort and if we do Playa we would do the Royal Playa del carmen. The Royal is all inclusive and Bucuti is not. Think they are both adults only. Was at first leaning towards Aruba because our date falls within hurricane season. Decided to add Mexico into the mix because we loved it so much last time and the price. It would basically be the same price as Aruba but would obviously be the better bargain since it includes food/drinks. Not sure about airfare yet since it is too early. What would you guys do? Is there any other suggestions besides these 2 places? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 09:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,874,311 times
Try a different place that neither of you both have been to yet, maybe Hawaii would be a good choice for honeymooners. It will be your special location to remember forever.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:39 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
I suggest Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. It's on the west coast, so no hurricane problems. It's beautiful and there are all-inclusive resorts. The snorkeling is amazing.

The 10 Best Cabo San Lucas All Inclusive Resorts - TripAdvisor

Cabo San Lucas Snorkeling Tours - Save!

https://www.google.com/search?q=cabo...gmCtsQ_AUIBygC

Old 01-10-2016, 11:35 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I suggest Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. It's on the west coast, so no hurricane problems. It's beautiful and there are all-inclusive resorts. The snorkeling is amazing.

The 10 Best Cabo San Lucas All Inclusive Resorts - TripAdvisor

Cabo San Lucas Snorkeling Tours - Save!

https://www.google.com/search?q=cabo...gmCtsQ_AUIBygC

I loved, loved, LOVED Cabo when I was there, but they did get slammed, really bad, in 2014 by a hurricane. It is an incredible area and I agree it would make a fantastic honeymoon destination.

Old 01-11-2016, 06:54 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,982,111 times
I LOVE Aruba.....but I would suggest Grand Cayman as a new location for both of you. It is a beautiful island with absolutely delightful people. The water is gorgeous and it is safe to explore all over. There aren't as many fun land-based activities as in Aruba, but it isn't hard to fill your time.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:16 AM

666 posts, read 478,817 times
Just to note, this is going to be our mini moon. We are doing a big honeymoon in spain 6 months later so this vacation is more to relax and unwind after our wedding. Hawaii would be amazing but it is a little farther away and I think airfare may be expensive. We wanted to do something in Caribbean since the commute wouldn't be as bad. I have been to cabo and grand cayman haha. Loved cabo but the city was a lil sketchy. Grand cayman I only went on a cruise so don't really remember it so much. Are there good restaurants and places to walk around there? We are not very adventurous but like to relax, eat good food and explore different places. We also like a little nightlife.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:28 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Aruba. It's beautiful and I've always felt safe there.

The last time we were in Cabo, it was only for a day. But we were followed everywhere we went by a man who always walked a few paces behind us. Creeped me out. I think he was waiting for his chance to grab my DH's camera gear.

I like Bermuda but you said Caribbean. Didn't care for CuraƧao but maybe you would. I found Willemstad dreary and rather dirty.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:49 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,789,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
Just to note, this is going to be our mini moon. We are doing a big honeymoon in spain 6 months later so this vacation is more to relax and unwind after our wedding. Hawaii would be amazing but it is a little farther away and I think airfare may be expensive. We wanted to do something in Caribbean since the commute wouldn't be as bad. I have been to cabo and grand cayman haha. Loved cabo but the city was a lil sketchy. Grand cayman I only went on a cruise so don't really remember it so much. Are there good restaurants and places to walk around there? We are not very adventurous but like to relax, eat good food and explore different places. We also like a little nightlife.
In Cayman most of the activities are focused around the water. If you stay in the Seven Mile Beach area you will have plenty of places to walk to and the food scene in Cayman is pretty diverse, you'll find everything from high end dining to road side stands. There is some nightlife but generally the island is pretty conservative and low key. It is very safe and you will not be bothered by people peddling their wares and services when you are on the beach or in town. Also if you want to add a little excitement to your trip you can also take a quick trip to Cuba from Cayman

Old 01-11-2016, 09:14 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,787,905 times
Hawaii!

Or Aruba.

I would not go to Mexico. Read the travel advisories.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:04 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,982,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
In Cayman most of the activities are focused around the water. If you stay in the Seven Mile Beach area you will have plenty of places to walk to and the food scene in Cayman is pretty diverse, you'll find everything from high end dining to road side stands. There is some nightlife but generally the island is pretty conservative and low key. It is very safe and you will not be bothered by people peddling their wares and services when you are on the beach or in town. Also if you want to add a little excitement to your trip you can also take a quick trip to Cuba from Cayman

Exactly how I was about to respond to your response.....very safe, lots of walkability around Seven Mile Beach, and very easy/safe if you do want to get a rent car and explore around (like go to Hell and find some of the local restaurants near)...I do love the point about nobody peddles. Hadn't really thought about that but it is so true. I always described it as an "upscale" island, of which I would also put Aruba into the same category.....quite different from Mexico, Jamaica, or the Dominican Republic (which I also liked but not nearly as much as Aruba or GCI).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel