U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 08:03 PM

405 posts, read 419,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
See below. The precheck mark on a boarding pass is small, easy to miss. TSA used to sometimes sporadically give PRECHK on your boarding pass, this free precheck feature has ended.

TSA has been known to let people into the precheck line without the mark, without actually qualifying for precheck. I had this a couple of times in major airports (Chicago, Vegas, etc) when the regular lines were long. I didn't complain.

They say that with registration pre-check isn't guaranteed 100% of the time. But if you are registered, your Known Traveler Number (KTN) is included with the reservation, and there aren't any red flags (one way ticket paid for with cash, recent phone calls to your uncle Al in Syria), you will pretty much always get precheck (assuming your airline has a precheck line at your airport).

Looks like this:
I work for TSA and I can say with 100% certainty that you weren't moved to precheck just because the standard screening lines were long. We don't care about long lines. Don't get me wrong, we want to get people through quickly, but we won't move people to precheck lines just to shorten the standard screening lines.

I can't go into too much detail, but I will say that there is a form of screening that MOST airports have and all major airports have and if that form of screening is in use at the time, then passengers are free to pick whichever lanes they want and it might be precheck or it might not be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 06:49 AM

3,330 posts, read 2,124,647 times
We just flew two days ago and we have TSA precheck on our boarding passes when I printed them out.....didn't pay a dime and went straight to the guy doing the checking... In fact had it on flights going and coming.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or