U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 08:46 AM

3,483 posts, read 1,912,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgali View Post
I upgrade if flying on Alaskan for more than a 5 hour flight...
Alaska Airlines, never Alaskan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:05 AM

12,266 posts, read 18,397,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
That's not supposed to happen, so the agent or agents doing this is breaking protocol and risking their job.

Enjoy while it lasts, because it's not likely to.
I doubt it does happen much to him, but his sense of entitlement over his customers is really disturbing. Who would want to fly that airline of his?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:07 PM

6,475 posts, read 6,183,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I doubt it does happen much to him, but his sense of entitlement over his customers is really disturbing. Who would want to fly that airline of his?
Has he mentioned what airline he works for?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:34 PM

12,266 posts, read 18,397,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Has he mentioned what airline he works for?
He hasn't said but I am guessing former US Air...American Airlines. Perhaps a 3rd party contracted employee with them.

Great advertisement for American Airlines - employee says to customers "to hell with you paying passengers I am the most important passenger on a plane". I hope he's not posting from work, he wouldn't have a job if they knew what he wrote.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:29 AM

10,422 posts, read 12,412,038 times
If Business class was less than 25% more expensive than Economy class i would use it all the time.
Right now its just too expensive, in some cases nearly 75% more expensive than Economy.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:20 PM

5,819 posts, read 9,473,330 times
I don't think it's worth it for domestic flights unless you have a lot of papers/books you need to spread out to do your work. Otherwise the comfort factor seems to be about the same. I'm speaking as someone who has never actually flown first class, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about !

Old 02-28-2016, 06:26 PM

18,848 posts, read 13,597,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I don't think it's worth it for domestic flights unless you have a lot of papers/books you need to spread out to do your work. Otherwise the comfort factor seems to be about the same. I'm speaking as someone who has never actually flown first class, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about !

Well if you've never flown first class you wouldn't be able to compare comfort between that and economy/coach

Old 02-29-2016, 07:24 AM

5,819 posts, read 9,473,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Well if you've never flown first class you wouldn't be able to compare comfort between that and economy/coach
No I wouldn't, but I can tell you that economy/coach is not uncomfortable for domestic flights, and I can certainly see what the first class seats look like as I'm walking by them, so I have a reasonable idea that they wouldn't give me much greater benefit except in the case where I have a lot of books/paperwork that I need to spread out.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:17 PM

18,848 posts, read 13,597,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
No I wouldn't, but I can tell you that economy/coach is not uncomfortable for domestic flights, and I can certainly see what the first class seats look like as I'm walking by them, so I have a reasonable idea that they wouldn't give me much greater benefit except in the case where I have a lot of books/paperwork that I need to spread out.

You said the comfort level seems about the same but you've never flown it. Even if you don't find coach uncomfortable your opinion is still uninformed admittedly. Additionally you wouldn't have enough room to spread out a lot of papers and books in either service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or