Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:39 PM

23 posts, read 45,160 times

Advertisements

I would like to go to North Korea someday. It certainly would be nothing I've ever experienced before. How does one travel there as an American? I believe you go in through Bejing. I've heard North Korea actually has lower crime than the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 01:44 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,277,953 times
And less fat people ...

Old 01-24-2016, 02:12 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
I think you're nuts, but here ya go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_North_Korea

How to travel to North Korea | CNN Travel

How to go to North Korea

Old 01-24-2016, 05:33 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
You buy a very expensive package tour that has the approval of the PRK government. (It's not a country you can visit solo.) And then change planes in Beijing for your Air Koryo flight.

Is North Korea’s Air Koryo the world’s worst airline? | New York Post

Old 01-24-2016, 06:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
This must be a joke/troll post prompted by this thread, people are not that stupid:
Why do Americans keep traveling to N Korea?!!

If not...yeah tell us how the living conditions are at the local labor camps.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:03 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
If you do, and get caught, pretty please don't go crying to the government to bail you out.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:09 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
TY for saying exactly my first thought when I read the title!! Nut's..obviously hasn't heard about the student who was arrested for plotting against Government..who was their thru China based program...Yikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
This must be a joke/troll post prompted by this thread, people are not that stupid:
Why do Americans keep traveling to N Korea?!!

If not...yeah tell us how the living conditions are at the local labor camps.
It has to be chumming the waters..because no one in their right mind would even fantasize such a trip/move~~~ In fact..most sane citizen's would NEVER take a trip to Syria/Turkey/Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq, unless by duty to serve in Military..With that powder Keg..Who in their right mind would do so??????????

Old 01-24-2016, 11:08 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
I can kind of understand the urge to see that kind of old school communist totalitarian still in place. But you're better off going to a place like Kazakhstan, which reportedly still has something of a Soviet feel but also has full diplomatic ties with the USA and actually seems to want American tourism and investment.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:52 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
You buy a very expensive package tour that has the approval of the PRK government. (It's not a country you can visit solo.) And then change planes in Beijing for your Air Koryo flight.

Is North Korea’s Air Koryo the world’s worst airline? | New York Post
It's called DPRK...Democratic People's Republic of Korea, which is like the joke of the last two centuries.

Anyways it's not uncommon for foreigners to visit North Korea, maybe except for South Koreans and Japanese as their beef is pretty hardcore. I've heard of quite a lot of Taiwanese who've been there and they all came back safe and sound. It's just a bit inconvenient as there's no internet access at all over there, and you can't really go out at night as everything is dark. You also have to join a tour group if you want to go there.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:25 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
TY for saying exactly my first thought when I read the title!! Nut's..obviously hasn't heard about the student who was arrested for plotting against Government..who was their thru China based program...Yikes!!

It has to be chumming the waters..because no one in their right mind would even fantasize such a trip/move~~~ In fact..most sane citizen's would NEVER take a trip to Syria/Turkey/Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq, unless by duty to serve in Military..With that powder Keg..Who in their right mind would do so??????????
While I wouldn't be one of them right now, thousands of tourists still visit Turkey every day. It really shouldn't be on your list with those other countries. However, I might have included Egypt on your list.

Interesting article from just a few days ago: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/tr...rism.html?_r=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel