U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 02:34 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,988,031 times

Advertisements

Supershuttle has separate websites for some of the major airport locations, so google super shuttle and see if your destination has its own website. There will be more location-specific information there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 08:29 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,055,230 times
I use Supershuttle a lot. When you order it on the website they will give you a range of pick up times based on your flight departure time. IF it is a shared shuttle the early pick up time will generally make you the first person picked up--you can pick you seat. The late time, you will be the last person picked up and sit wherever there is an open seat in the van--but you do not have to drive around picking up people and sometimes waiting for one that is running late. And the middle times, well you get it. ALL the times they offer will get you there on time for your flight.

ALL of the times they offer will get you there on time. BUT DO NOT type your own time, it likely will get you there too late or too early.

You put in your flight information for the return trip, so they will be expecting you and have a vehicle standing by off site. When your get your baggage you got outside to the supershuttle stand and they will call the vehicle for you. You do not need to tell them a pick up time, just your flight number and its scheduled arrival time.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:34 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,988,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
I use Supershuttle a lot. When you order it on the website they will give you a range of pick up times based on your flight departure time. IF it is a shared shuttle the early pick up time will generally make you the first person picked up--you can pick you seat. The late time, you will be the last person picked up and sit wherever there is an open seat in the van--but you do not have to drive around picking up people and sometimes waiting for one that is running late. And the middle times, well you get it. ALL the times they offer will get you there on time for your flight.

ALL of the times they offer will get you there on time. BUT DO NOT type your own time, it likely will get you there too late or too early.

You put in your flight information for the return trip, so they will be expecting you and have a vehicle standing by off site. When your get your baggage you got outside to the supershuttle stand and they will call the vehicle for you. You do not need to tell them a pick up time, just your flight number and its scheduled arrival time.
Again, shuttle schedules and such at the airport depend on the area you're flying in to.

In Denver, and a couple of other big airports, they have set pick-up times for each route they serve. You check in with them after you get your luggage, and they tell you what time the next pick-up will be.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:03 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,055,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Again, shuttle schedules and such at the airport depend on the area you're flying in to.

In Denver, and a couple of other big airports, they have set pick-up times for each route they serve. You check in with them after you get your luggage, and they tell you what time the next pick-up will be.
yes, what I types is based only on LAX, Los Angeles, CA and ONT in Ontario, CA

Old 03-28-2016, 10:05 PM

13,062 posts, read 15,435,975 times
I had a bad experience a couple of months ago. I paid in advance. Arrived at the airport and texted that we had arrived and was sent the # of the shuttle that was supposed to be picking us up. We located the shuttle and other people were being loaded into it. I told the driver that was the shuttle we were supposed to be in and he told us he didn't have room for us and we'd be assigned another shuttle.

Waited for a text giving us another shuttle # and didn't get one, so after 10-15 minutes went to the booth to ask. We were assured that we would be assigned another shuttle.

Waited another 10-15 minutes, still no assignment, and went back to the booth and asked if it was possible to get a refund if we paid in advance; we were just going to call Uber. The booth attendant told us yes, she could refund our money, but she had a drive on the way that was their "best" driver.

So we decided to wait and he was there in a few minutes and it went smoothly from there.

There were a lot of other people at the booth also asking what was taking so long.

I don't know if that day was just a fluke or if that happens frequently, but I think if I ever took Supershuttle in the future I would NOT pay in advance.

When we needed transportation two other times during our trip, we used Uber. We had a large group and had to use two Uber cars for all of us, but they got there in minutes and we weren't sure how long Supershuttle would take.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:10 AM

181 posts, read 426,791 times
I use Super Shuttle frequently, never a problem. Although they require a reservation, they won't assign you a vehicle until you check in at the desk after you've picked up your luggage. When enough people going to the same general destination check in, then they assign a vehicle. I wouldn't worry about it. They know what they're doing. But if you're anxious, by all means call them and ask your questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or