Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 03:19 AM

32 posts, read 18,640 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am Mathavan, Travel is my hobby. I like to travel best destinations in the world. In this new year I have planned to travel Spain, But before we need to know the best spots in Spain.

So if someone knows very well about Spain destination, please let me know here. It is very helpful to plan my trip.

Thanks
Mathavan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 11:51 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Seville is unforgettable, Granada is breathtaking. Ronda is a wonderful day trip. There is also the mountains nearby. In sum, Andalusia.

Madrid is boring to me unless you want to spend five hours in a museum every day. Barcelona is pretty but I prefer the south.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:42 PM

570 posts, read 604,894 times
Bottichelli.-
Agree with you yea,Granada, and Seville are wonderful. But I am sorry to say you do not know
well Madrid,-Neither his crown historic of cities to 20 minutes of Center of Madrid Toledo or El escorial
or to 35 minute Segovia ,Avila or to 1h Salamanca.They are like neighborhoods or districts of Madrid

Neither Royal Sites as the Real Palace of Orient the largest of Europe (almost double of Palaces of Versailles or BUckinham) filled with treasures( has 3418 stays )or El pardo,Aranjuez San ildefonso,or
Royal Barefoot etc

I add that Madrid is the capital of Europe as with more with joy in the street and nightlife without comparison and the sky with more of hours sunshine than any other capital in Europe.

With an incomparable gastronomy because it unites all the fish come from all seas(Spain with Japan have the largest fishing fleet in the world)and for its variety of climates has the greater biodiversity of plants and all this comes together in Madrid.

If you visit the Central Giant Market of Madrid be amazed at the number of especies that daily enter Madrid and only in this city to see and that there is not in other place.

And if you is introduced yourself in the atmosphere of the theater,Music,or Sports of Madrid it would engage without hesitation .

Of Madrid could be talking weeks .Madrid it was of Capital of a giant Empire that has left treasures such as
those found in the Escorial and the Royal Sites.

You need a good guide to enjoy of this magnificent city where converge the best of several Centuries and all parts of a country as varied climate as Spain that is a small continent where everything changes every few Km.-.
However I notice that Madrid not you can easily enter de first glance like for example Barcelona or Paris.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 AM

570 posts, read 604,894 times
MR mathavan,.

For to advise you should say what your tastes ,gastronomy,beaches,festivals,museums,luxury,Shopp ing mountains,Ski,surf,sport, castles,big cities,small towns.etc etc,

Spain has 70 millions of tourists because here there are things for all kinds of tourists.
I will summarize in 4 parts Spain,very different
1)Andalucia 2),Castilla y Madrid 3),Levante mediterranean and Baleares islands 4) The North of Spain or green Spain next to the Sea Cantabrian

We speak only today of Andalucia in the South of Spain.-

In Andalucia as I suppose that you will not have much time only recommend 3 cities.

1)Seville city I advise that there is 2 shows impressive Easter Processions in March April and after also April Fair of Seville ,..Are 2 things unique in the World.
It is a city of legend with the largest gothic Cathedral of world with incredible joy in streets where all remember the guitar,D,Juan,The barber of Seville,etc
Where is the famous Archive Of the Indies where are all the History of America etc etc etc etc etc.

2)Granada the most romantic city full of beautiful baroque churches and The Alhambra a wonderful place.

Whose view from the neighborhood of Albaycin hill where President Clinton he said that there are the most impressive sunset in the world.

3)Marbella capital of the Coast of the Sun .-A Center of luxury full ports sailboats Marinas and to fields to Golf .-

If you report your tastes I will try to inform to you of the other things of the other 3 Spains so different from Andalucia.-

Old 01-21-2016, 02:00 AM

32 posts, read 18,640 times
Thank you all for your guides and advice. It will really helpful me to a vacation to Spain. Once again Thanks all.

Thanks
Mathavan K

Old 02-04-2016, 05:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
I've been to Marbella, Alicante and Barcelona and Marbella wins for me

Old 02-04-2016, 08:18 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,211 times
What kind of activities and atmosphere do you like? Spain is very culturally and geographically diverse.

Southern Spain is a great spot for beaches, warm weather, and historic cities and towns with Muslim and Jewish influences. Malaga is a very nice city on the coast, and cities like Seville, Granada, Cordoba, and Ronda are inland. There are lots of olive groves around, and parts of the south can be very arid. If you like nature, the Doñana Nature Reserve is worth seeing.

Madrid and Barcelona are the two largest cities and are worth visiting if you like urban life, museums, imperial history, etc. From Madrid you can do day trips to Toledo, Avila, El Escorial, Cuenca, and other major sites. From Barcelona you can do daytrips to places like Tarragona.

One of my favorite parts of Spain is Galicia, in the northwest. The temps are a little colder than the south, and rain and fog play a major role there. Santiago de Compostela is an important university city and cultural/religious center: it's the terminus of the historic St. James Way pilgrimage route. The scenery in Galicia is amazing, and the food is some of the best in Spain.

If you want a place that isn't quite so popular with tourists, maybe consider Extremadura (to the west of Madrid), Murcia (adjacent to Andalucia), or Cantabria (on the north coast).

Old 02-06-2016, 08:13 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Skip some of the big cities and go to places like Rhonda - it's very special. And go to Granada to see Alhambra - spectacular. And don't forget that the Canary Islands are part of Spain. They are wonderful.

And if you play golf, you must play Valderrama.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:27 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times
Andalucia has it all. You can even do good hiking up in the sierra around Granada.

I've never been to Spain's northwest, but it looks like a fantastic contrast to the rest of the country. It's a lot greener, also.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:53 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
I liked Majorica, but that was a very long time ago.

On the Costa del Sol, you can visit Gibraltar, and also take the ferry across for a visit to Tangier in Morocco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel