U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 11:19 PM

153 posts, read 150,653 times

Advertisements

I almost always book with orbitz. Reason is because i used the 24 hour courtesy cancel a lot. I make lot of changes and many times cancel and rebook it etc. They basically let you do it up to next night 10pm central time.

I usually fly with jetblue. I have booked directly with jetblue before. They told me you can cancel up to 24 hours free of charge. However... they say thats only if flight is more than a week away.

With orbitz, they tell me its 24 hour cancellation free of charge even if the flight is the next day. Can someone confirm if this is true or not? Example let say i book flight now for a flight 5 days away. with jetblue.com if booked directly, i cannot cancel it without any charges since flight is less than one week away.

With orbitz, they say i can cancel it within 24 hours. Basically can cancel it till next night 10pm central time. I even went and asked let say i book a flight for tomorrow at 9am. If i book flight now... then cancel it tonight... i can still do that free of charge? They told me yes. They say you can cancel it as long as flight is 6 hours from departure.

Does anyone know if this is true or not? The thing is i have done a lot of cancellations courtesy with orbitz booking and rebooking flights and i recalled i done this where the flight would been less than 7 days. I had no issue with it. When jetblue told me their policy was yes 24 hours as long as flight is more than 7 days... its fine.

If thats the case, why don't people book with orbitz as oppose with jetblue or direct airline? This orbitz policy seem to be very good if you make changes a lot and close to when you going to leave. Of course if you do things way in advance and rarely have change of plans, no issue at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 08:51 AM

7,678 posts, read 16,092,150 times
Better irregular operations recovery if booked direct. I end up with a disproportionate share of flight delays and such and I know I can trust Robin the fourth level customer service ninja at Delta to get me where I'm supposed to go because she can manually change the fare class on my ticket, put me on different carriers, and send me through entirely different unplanned countries in order to get me to my destination as soon as possible after the dread ATL ground stop. I don't have the same confidence level if I have to get rebooked through a third party like Orbitz.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:55 PM

9,423 posts, read 7,071,740 times
JetBlue would be considered a low-cost airline.. And right on Orbitz' page, it says

Quote:
Flight was booked with an low cost airline such as Spirit Airlines may have a different timeline for canceling.
https://faq.orbitz.com/app/answers/d...y-cancellation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or