U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 04:41 AM

32 posts, read 14,289 times

Advertisements

Hi all, Please share your favorite vacation countries list in Asia, I need to plan my summer vacation to India. So I can choose from your list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 06:33 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,473,789 times
I've been to Thailand, China, Oman, and United Arab Emirates (yes, the last two are considered Asia)....I enjoyed all of them, but Thailand and UAE were my favorites. It was fantastic to see the Great Wall in China and spend the evening exploring Wangfujing Street, but Beijing was so crowded and felt overwhelming. Oman was expensive, albeit beautiful.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:12 AM

181 posts, read 426,632 times
I've only ever been to India, but I've been there five times so it's my favorite.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:16 AM

4,342 posts, read 2,273,954 times
Asia has alot to offer - it safe, has interesting history, good food, mostly friendly. Depends on what you are after.

However, if you like India you might want to try China. Make sure to go someplace besides the big cities.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:56 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,690 posts, read 40,062,283 times
What do you like to do when on vacation?

Local culture / shopping / museums / botanical gardens....?

If you need a 'healthcare tune-up' cheap and fast... Thailand has Hospital kiosks at the Bangkpok Airport. Europeans have been going there for 'repairs' for decades.

SUMMER in India!!!! USA Summer is not the time I like to go to Asia! For summer, I would stick with Nepal, and Mtns of China.

Singapore is very nice / ez, but expensive lodging. Their Botanical Gardens is on World Heritage listing, I was there yesterday and found several new things I hadn't seen in my previous visits.

Vietnam and Myanmar are worth a visit.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:41 AM

2,864 posts, read 1,821,591 times
I've been to quite a few Asian countries, most recently Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Myanmar. I was particularly impressed with Myanmar. Yangon is a very good starting point, and where you would likely arrive. My G/F and I spent a day there, and several each in Mandalay and Bagan. My only regret is that we didn't allow enough time in Bagan. Another one of my favorites is Cambodia, specifically around Siem Reap/Angkor Wat area. Singapore is also great, though as mentioned above it is more expensive.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 PM

6,781 posts, read 5,137,786 times
Japan and Turkey.

The rest doesn't really interest me, they are either **** poor (most of SE Asia, India etc.), awfully suppressing (Islamic countries, North Korea, China etc.), or boring(Hong Kong, Korea, and Singapore. Though it's not exactly fair as they all resemble to my own country in one way or another).

I would like to visit Angkor Wat at some point though, it seems really cool, and zen.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:23 PM

306 posts, read 219,784 times
this guy really likes Cambodia. ya know its hotter than pistol n she can be humid yeah too but phnom penh is strait ballin and the countryside is nice too. japan also got rocket power its fly and the people there super fleek as well, the food is classick and the culture is a1. i think china is my number one fav asian country that ive stepped my foots in but more so to you know spend 90 days plus in not just short hop n stuff.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:01 PM

5,989 posts, read 2,912,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
SUMMER in India!!!! USA Summer is not the time I like to go to Asia!
I dunno man "Asia" is a large area and lots of places in Asia are either close enough to the equator or south of it to where time of year is more about rainy season instead of temperature. Others have a mild climate where summer is a great time to visit.

Personally I like the rainy season in SE Asia, which should be cranking up in about another month. The rains are usually fairly predictable (afternoon) and it cools things down nicely. There are also far fewer tourists about so no need to worry about pre-booking lodging or travel, more of a buyer's market for everything. Same with Central America, give me rainy season any day.

Only negative for rainy season is more mozzies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or