U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:13 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,173,114 times

Advertisements

Lots of scarves - solids, prints, really like leopards prints. The reason for scarves is because they're lightweight and so versatile. (Usually like cotton, rayon or viscose - no acrylic or poly)
If on a plane and it's cold it's nice to wear one, great to have. I'll keep an extra in the tote.

I was recently traveling on a day outing wearing leggings and a tee shirt, we decided to have lunch at a nice restaurant. I brought a multi color/texture scarf and nice cardigan. I had a whole new outfit which was appropriate for this nice restaurant.

Also, I like to bring thick socks, I wear as slippers and with boots(this way I'm not packing slippers)

Extra sunglasses, Nivea chap stick, facial toner spray, pkt of facial/body wipes (disposable) like the ones w/aloe vera. Plenty of solid white tank, tee short/long sleeve, white blouse.

Coat all cotton 3/4 length w/hood and large square pockets great for small items - sunglasses, chap stick, etc.

Last edited by 70's Music Girl; 04-09-2016 at 08:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 09:23 PM

32,364 posts, read 59,796,813 times
Clean underwear is always a plus ...

OK seriously ... If I'm going to be doing a lot of walking, I bring several pair of appropriate shoes and enough socks to be able to change them several times each day (or laundry detergent to wash them out). And then different shoes to wear when I'm not walking.

I try to pack as little as possible, but always must take good care of my feet.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:24 PM

9,123 posts, read 17,125,688 times
My Amex Card

Old 04-09-2016, 09:40 PM

13,160 posts, read 20,776,233 times
My down pillow goes everywhere I go.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:41 PM

19,826 posts, read 18,832,665 times
Traveling--a lightweight pretty bathrobe. You never know. Room service, helpers in the hotel unexpectedly knocking on the door, staying overnight at someone's house.

Good shoes for walking. Arch support, whatever you need to not have sore feet.

Wipes in single packets. Keep a few in your purse and on the plane or in the car.

Travel sizes of good shampoo and other cosmetics. I don't over pack but I'll miss these if I don't take them.

Shower cap--the cheap transparent ones you get for free in the motel. They hardly take up any room, are lightweight, and if you're a woman, you can hardly get along without it. I always take the one provided by the motel if they provide one.

Protein bars. For on the plane, in the car, in your purse.

Travel size deodorant. For a trans Atlantic flight, you can wash with the towelettes and apply deodorant and not feel all grimy upon arrival.

Travel type toothbrush. On the plane, in the motel. It's horrible if you forget it--and little travel sized toothpaste too.

On flights I take a lot in my carry on.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:44 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,202,457 times
The first item packed is my toothbrush, as few clothing items as possible, unders, 4 pair of socks, 1 pair of shoes, travel size toiletries, cash.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:53 AM

14,247 posts, read 14,132,862 times
My camera.

Remembering to put an SD card in it would be good.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:08 AM

5,459 posts, read 2,920,100 times
I travel a lot.

Make up/underwear/toiletries/recharger/iphone are all on my "necessary" list.

Clothes/shoes--the least amount I can get away with, stick with two colors so everything can mix and match.

My self imposed "Travel Policy" is if I bring it I must wear it or use it.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:11 AM

32,060 posts, read 32,956,580 times
Smartphone & charger, digital camera & charger, tablet & charger, enough underwear for my trip, toiletries, basic clothing & footwear and necessary travel documents.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:57 AM

3,431 posts, read 3,044,150 times
It's good to learn some tricks that make trips more survivable and, hopefully, comfortable.

If I have a checked bag, then I also pack some stuff in my carry on, just to get me through a couple of days in case the checked bag gets misdirected. I pack a change of underclothes and some toiletries, at least. Just in case.

Some other favourite essential items:
  • earplugs & eye mask (useful either on the plane or in the hotel);
  • an electric travel toothbrush that uses batteries;
  • small detergent packets in case I want to hand wash any clothes;
  • extra electronics chargers;
  • and a micro fibre hair towel, to quick dry my hair after washing it... I use this at home too, and wouldn't leave home without one, especially when hotel hair dryers can be a bit weak with the air flow and temperature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or