U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:23 AM

2,292 posts, read 2,644,667 times

Advertisements

Kynance Cove in Cornwall, only accessible at low tide by a path from the cliff top parking lot. Beautiful sands, rock pools and clear blue water.

Closely followed by any of the Northern Michigan beaches, fine sands and the clearest fresh water ever. No salt, no sharks no worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 09:59 AM

335 posts, read 297,173 times
Another vote for Siesta Key. I lived there for a year and it is really beautiful. The sunsets are amazing as well.

My other favorites include:

The North Shore of Kauai. Quiet, beauiful, Napali Coast in distance
Hamoa Beach in Hana in Maui - Not many people, beautiful
Wai’ānapanapa State Park in Maui near Hana - I've seen a number of black sand beaches but this one sticks in my mind and will forever

Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM

205 posts, read 117,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
For me it's a lot closer, Cannon Beach, Oregon. I'm not much for sunbathing or swimming in the ocean, I prefer interesting natural features.
Love this beach. I got a chance to see it briefly while travelling down the coast.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:42 AM

205 posts, read 117,314 times
It would be a tie between the pink sand beaches in Bermuda and Pfeiffer Beach in Big Sur, CA.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:25 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,163,487 times
Default World's Safest Beach gets my vote

The World's Safest Beach is pretty nice year round with it's mild micro climate. Quite in the winter months when daytime temps. drop into the 50's. Now girls are on the sand in bikini's.
There's also Seals on the beach, Dolphin's in the surf with surfers, migrating Whales spouting as they pass up the channel. The vista's of the Islands across the channel are intriguing. Cruise ships stoping in the harbor with a view of the Riviera suggests romance. Amazing sunsets. All this is here at the World's Safest Beach. And it's all just a few blocks away from me. A goggle search for you…
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...s+Safest+Beach

Last edited by sourdough; 05-01-2016 at 11:51 AM..

Old 05-01-2016, 12:20 PM

4,995 posts, read 7,313,860 times
Some of the most dramatically beautiful beaches I've been to have been in Mykonos, Greece and Ios, Greece. The clear blue/tuquois waters and the dramatic topography around the beaches make it seem like heaven on earth. Truly breath-taking beaches.

In the US, gotta give it to Siesta Key in sarasota, FL. The beach there would give any beaches anywhere in the world a run for their money. Large, expansive literally white sand beaches and very deep turqoius clear, calm water that are warm and inviting, palm trees. Also, on the west coast of FL --Anna Maria island beach...another stunningly beautiful beach. Just picture perfect.

Also, New Jersey--- yes, New Jersey has some real stunners. Jersey gets a bad wrap because well...it's jersey, but some of it's beaches are top-notch. In particular Wildwood/Avalon/Stone Harbor/Cape May.
Beauties...

Washington state has a beach that I went to over Thanksgiving that was like no beach I've ever seen on the east coast or southwest. Massive, empty beaches with dramatic scenery and forests for days. On a clear day, they're quite mysterious and awe-inspiring.

Been to some beautiful beaches in Australia as well--- Curl Curl/Dee Why/Manly/norther OZ like Port Douglas. .

California beaches are nice. I found La Jolla beach in San Diego to be quite beautiful. Also, Newport Beach and San Clemente.... GORGEOUS

I'm going to Italy next month and am looking forward to some amazing Mediterranean beaches.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:22 PM

16 posts, read 17,535 times
My favorite beach was in Turks and Caicos. Beautiful turquoise waters with amazing powder white sands.

Other places that are nice:
Cayman Islands
Sydney, Australia

I've been to Hawaii and Mexico but I didn't find the waters and sands to be as nice.

Los Angeles beaches are not as appealing the waters are murky, cold, and the sand is course.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:14 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,109,187 times
Once you've been on so many white sand beaches, you realize, I realized, they're actually kind of boring! For many of them, there is really no life around them, particularly immediately offshore. Just a lifeless, sterile, section of sand extending a half mile+ out to sea. No rocks, no coral, no fish, no nothing. Makes for a good picture but that's about it.

The best beaches in the world, my opinion, aren't about the sand but about the atmosphere. The backdrops, the palms, the underwater topography, the fish and birds, the local people, and the billion stars at night over secluded shores. A full purple moon in the south Pacific is about as good as it gets.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:50 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,482,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferg72nc View Post
Another vote for Siesta Key. I lived there for a year and it is really beautiful. The sunsets are amazing as well.

My other favorites include:

The North Shore of Kauai. Quiet, beauiful, Napali Coast in distance
Hamoa Beach in Hana in Maui - Not many people, beautiful
Wai’ānapanapa State Park in Maui near Hana - I've seen a number of black sand beaches but this one sticks in my mind and will forever
Yes, I agree with the black sand beach in Maui near Hana. Just stunningly gorgeous.

There is also a beach we had to drive down a steep hill and ford a river in Maui. It had a gorgeous waterfall. I can't remember the name, and I think it's off limits now, but it was the most amazing place on earth I have ever been to.

The beach at Manuel Antonio is gorgeous, with the sloths and monkeys right there. It's very touristy though.

The Bahamas have great beaches and you can find secluded ones of you have a sailboat.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:45 PM

5,030 posts, read 3,217,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
What is the most beautiful beach you have even been to?

What made it so amazing? Was it the white sands? The clear or perfectly blue waters?
The lack of People..Monday, Agate Beach, OR....Great time to simply sit and watch the ocean...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or