U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 02:16 PM

335 posts, read 296,811 times

Advertisements

I forgot to add Playa Flamingo in Costa Rica.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 05:29 AM

32,060 posts, read 32,956,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
What is the most beautiful beach you have even been to?

What made it so amazing? Was it the white sands? The clear or perfectly blue waters?
On an uninhabited Galapagos Island, where the sand was white (and clean), the water was so clear & blue that one could see small fish near the shore and the sky/horizon was so blue and completely looked unpolluted.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:48 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,930,365 times
I don't really get the people saying the Outer banks or Florida, yeah they are nice beaches, but there is absolutely NO WOW factor there for me. Just big wide open beaches.

The wife and I have done several cruises through the Caribbean and my two favorite beaches (for natural beauty) are:

Coki Beach St Thomas

Jolly Beach Antigua

We also Visited Hawaii (Oahu and Maui)

For Oahu

Lanikai beach was very nice, probably the closest thing to the Caribbean i saw in Hawaii but I would have a tough time saying it was better.

As another poster said Hanauma bay was very unique and of course Waikiki Beach is a sight to see with Diamond Head in the background. I would list these as runner ups

For Maui there was natural beauty that couldn't be beat and unfortunately my pictures do NO justice.

Black Sand beach

Red Sand beach

Old 05-03-2016, 02:26 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,696,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
I don't really get the people saying the Outer banks or Florida, yeah they are nice beaches, but there is absolutely NO WOW factor there for me. Just big wide open beaches.
I think it's called different people and different tastes. Chacun a son gout.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:43 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,195,476 times
OP here....not too many votes for places in Mexico, huh?

Old 05-04-2016, 10:24 AM

Thanks to everyone who is sharing pictures.

Here are a few from a trip to Capri last October (apologies for overexposure; they were all taken with a camera phone):

Old 05-04-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Oh yeah Portugal has some pretty beaches. A long way from the buzz of Brussels and Paris, but if you actually go there, it's quiet, and the water is crystal clear. At least it was 25 years ago.

Has anyone been to the beaches in Comporta, Portugal?

Considering a trip to Lisbon in the fall and doing a day trip to Comporta....

Old 05-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica. Where the rain forest meets white sand with winding palm trees. It was shady and gorgeous. ...monkeys frolicking nearby...will never forget it

Your photos are amazing.

This is definitely on my list of places to go.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
For me it's the beach at Tulum, MX at the foot of the ruins. Such a gorgeous stretch of water!

I'm trying to get to Playa del Carmen this year and would love to see Tulum.

Is it very quiet there? I mean, I imagine it would be, relative to PDC.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:25 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,201,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
What is the most beautiful beach you have even been to?

What made it so amazing? Was it the white sands? The clear or perfectly blue waters?
the eastern side of Bermuda had a pink sand beach, I've never seen anything like it since. Easily the most amazing beach I've been to.

As far as the continental US goes, I'd say Wrightsville Beach, NC is the most beautiful beach I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or