U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 10:58 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,402,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
For me it's the beach at Tulum, MX at the foot of the ruins. Such a gorgeous stretch of water!
I was just swimming here the day before you posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 11:03 AM

I was here last week: Isla Holbox

Old 05-05-2016, 01:46 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,258,456 times
I don't know why people keep posting beach photos which could be anywhere in the world where there are beaches: South Asia, Caribbean's, South Pacific, Brazil, Mediterranean, Australia, with sand, trees and blue water, and think that's the "most beautiful beach" in the world. What exactly makes it most beautiful when it is pretty much the same elsewhere?

Old 05-06-2016, 04:06 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,914,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Oh yeah Portugal has some pretty beaches. A long way from the buzz of Brussels and Paris, but if you actually go there, it's quiet, and the water is crystal clear. At least it was 25 years ago.
My pic is from 2013. It was still pretty darned nice.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:19 AM

3,203 posts, read 3,197,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't know why people keep posting beach photos which could be anywhere in the world where there are beaches: South Asia, Caribbean's, South Pacific, Brazil, Mediterranean, Australia, with sand, trees and blue water, and think that's the "most beautiful beach" in the world. What exactly makes it most beautiful when it is pretty much the same elsewhere?
Ugh. Sigh.

Really?

Did you read what the title of the thread is? What is the most beautiful beach YOU have ever been to?

What the question means is, for those who have been to beaches, what beaches would you think are the prettiest TO YOU and why? You do realize everyone has different preferences of what is beautiful right? Are you asking for an explanation of why humans have different preferences? That's better off as a different thread. And most of us haven't been to the same exact beaches as you, which means they may say the most beautiful beach to them is one you'd never ever call beautiful? And lastly, that many beaches can "look" the same but have other qualities that make them stand out to any one specific individual thereby making that beach 'more beautiful' than one that looks similar (could be how serene it is, how it smells there, the presence or lack of a breeze, the amount of humidity, etc etc etc etc)?

If this thread were titled 'post about the most amazingly unique beach in the world...what makes that beach the most unique beach that exists that you're aware of'? MAYBE we'd get a bunch of pictures where all the beaches looked sooooo different from each other. But since most beaches I know of have sand and water and even trees, that increases the likelihood that any one beach could look a lot like other beaches.

Does that clarify things? I hope you understand better now.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:07 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,306,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Ugh. Sigh.

Really?

Did you read what the title of the thread is? What is the most beautiful beach YOU have ever been to?

What the question means is, for those who have been to beaches, what beaches would you think are the prettiest TO YOU and why? You do realize everyone has different preferences of what is beautiful right? Are you asking for an explanation of why humans have different preferences? That's better off as a different thread. And most of us haven't been to the same exact beaches as you, which means they may say the most beautiful beach to them is one you'd never ever call beautiful? And lastly, that many beaches can "look" the same but have other qualities that make them stand out to any one specific individual thereby making that beach 'more beautiful' than one that looks similar (could be how serene it is, how it smells there, the presence or lack of a breeze, the amount of humidity, etc etc etc etc)?

If this thread were titled 'post about the most amazingly unique beach in the world...what makes that beach the most unique beach that exists that you're aware of'? MAYBE we'd get a bunch of pictures where all the beaches looked sooooo different from each other. But since most beaches I know of have sand and water and even trees, that increases the likelihood that any one beach could look a lot like other beaches.

Does that clarify things? I hope you understand better now.

Thank you!!!

I just don't see why Botticelli feels the need to go completely off topic and look funny at others who actually like amazing beaches.

Get off your high horse and take your snootiness somewhere else pal!

Old 05-06-2016, 07:41 AM

3,605 posts, read 1,557,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
You are sounding more like Balotelli...

The most beautiful i ever went to was a beach called Marina in the South Indian city of Chennai..No white sand, no blue waters, yet the culture and the food and vibe.

And the small beach in Bar Harbor, Maine . It was more like a beach preview , than a beach itself..small one.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:05 PM

I don't know why people keep posting [city] photos which could be anywhere in the world where there are [cities]: South Asia, Caribbean's, South Pacific, Brazil, Mediterranean, Australia, with [buildings, bridges, streets],and think that's the "most beautiful [city]" in the world. What exactly makes it most beautiful when it is pretty much the same elsewhere?

Old 05-09-2016, 03:41 AM

32 posts, read 14,237 times
Maldives is the beautiful and clearest beach ever seen in my travel. The white sand beach is reflect and show clear view under the ocean. That is very awesome. And also this is the world best clearest beach.

Thanks & Regards
Mathavan

Old 05-10-2016, 12:36 PM

3,203 posts, read 3,197,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Once you've been on so many white sand beaches, you realize, I realized, they're actually kind of boring! For many of them, there is really no life around them, particularly immediately offshore. Just a lifeless, sterile, section of sand extending a half mile+ out to sea. No rocks, no coral, no fish, no nothing. Makes for a good picture but that's about it.

The best beaches in the world, my opinion, aren't about the sand but about the atmosphere. The backdrops, the palms, the underwater topography, the fish and birds, the local people, and the billion stars at night over secluded shores. A full purple moon in the south Pacific is about as good as it gets.
You didn't name any specific beaches...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or