U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 02:56 PM

182 posts, read 786,430 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Jamaica for the second time later this summer. Last year we stayed in Montego Bay but stayed on the resort the entire trip. This year we decided to be a little more adventurous and do some things off resort. We chose Ocho Rios because it seems there is more to do such as waterfalls, zip lines, etc. around there. I was hoping to find some info from others who had visited the area as to which places/things to do were most recommended? We're both late 20's and enjoy a variety of activities so pretty much open to anything. Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 04:31 PM

5,247 posts, read 3,014,518 times
Dunn's Falls was a lot of fun. We went there as an excursion on a cruise.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:37 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,669,481 times
I can't really give you all that much. But I've been going to beaches Ocho Rios for the last three years. Love it. But I stay on the resort because it all inclusive. Which includes all the activities I want, including Scuba Diving . But my wife and gone horse back riding there and liked. Also spoke to some people about some of the hiking excursions and enjoyed themselves. They do really push the whole Jamaican bobsled park quite a bit. Have some good stuff about it.

Here stuff from beaches website.

http://www.beaches.com/main/bo/bo-tours/

Now I'm not sure where your flying into. But I'm assuming that it Montego Bay. From Montego to Ochos Rios is at least a two hour trip. So be prepared for that.

Also if your taking a shuttle bus to a resort make sure you discuss how many stops you want to make on the trip there and on the return trip with the other passenger. Usually drivers will offer at least two stops on the trips to and from Ochos rios. Basically a two hour trip can turn into a three hour trip. And of course if you all decide that you don't want stops tell the driver strait away. It will save you time. Btw.

If you decide to drive. Me mindful that just like America there are plenty of speed traps along the way.

Lastly if your not driving. Watch the scenery go by. I find it very interesting. You go from forest, to ultra rich areas, to areas of crushing poverty back to forest probably 3 or 4 times on the trip. It is quite stark and abrupt as well. It an interesting dynamic of Jamaica.

Anyways. That's unfortunately all I got. Have a great trip.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:34 AM

182 posts, read 786,430 times
Thanks for the advice guys. I definitely think we will try and make a trip to Dunn's Falls, that really interests me. The long shuttle ride is the only thing that gave us pause as last year our trip from the airport to resort literally took 15 min. That will be an adjustment but we are staying longer this year so hopefully the ride won't be so bad. Thanks for the link with info as well!

Old 05-11-2016, 11:25 AM

18,857 posts, read 13,607,134 times
Dunn's river falls was fun. We walked up it and went back down to the beach afterwards before heading back to Montego Bay, I would go back again if we were there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or