Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:37 AM

15 posts, read 14,407 times

Advertisements

I absolutely loved Spain. I was there for nine days with teachers and students from the Spanish department at my high school. We hit four cities and it was tiring, but worth it. We went to Madrid, stopped by Toledo, went to Granada, Sevilla, and finally, Marbella. Madrid was so nice, so much to do and see, and I'm a big city-lover so I loved it, of course. Toledo was beautiful, and it was perfect for me because I love taking scenic pictures. I got lots of awesome photos. Plus our local tour guide for Toledo was an elderly man who was very entertaining and funny. Granada was great because of the Alhambra. Not just the architecture, but the view of the city from there. Sevilla was a bit of a blur - I don't think we spent as much time in Sevilla, or maybe it's because that was a low point in the trip because I was exhausted. We did the most walking that day. I remember visiting the cathedral and walking up to the top of the tower. But Marbella... those last three days in Marbella were the best. Being by the beach, and by that time, everyone on the trip (we had around 27 students) had figured out their group and who they wanted to hang out with. My only friend on the trip and I finally found a group we really had fun with and those last few days were really the best.

In addition to the amazing views and history, the people were so friendly. I was able to practice my Spanish quite a bit with the locals, which was fun. When we got back to the U.S., everyone was complaining because we all wanted to go back to Spain. There was not a single person who didn't want to go back. A lot of them actually planned another trip to Spain this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 08:42 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Make sure you put your pronouns in your sentences before translating, even if they seem unnecessary.

(usted ha dicho que te gobernaba a Franco) (jajajajaja)
Actually, David, Urdiales did not say that. Check what YOU wrote...

Old 07-29-2016, 09:48 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
The Pardo from where I ruled Franco in recent years.-

Old 07-31-2016, 09:26 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Urdiales did have errors, but your 'translation' of his error was INCORRECT. That is what I am referring to. You wrote :

"Make sure you put your pronouns in your sentences before translating, even if they seem unnecessary.

"(usted ha dicho que te gobernaba a Franco) (jajajajaja)"

Old 07-31-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Urdiales did have errors, but your 'translation' of his error was INCORRECT. That is what I am referring to. You wrote :

"Make sure you put your pronouns in your sentences before translating, even if they seem unnecessary.

"(usted ha dicho que te gobernaba a Franco) (jajajajaja)"
"you ruled Franco". Imperfect tense. What am I missing here?

Well, I guess it should have been Ud. or gobernabas. Mi error. Lo siento mucho.

My reference to his pronouns was in reference to English.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:33 AM

570 posts, read 604,532 times
Aguilar Although I speak very bad english I see you understand me.- .-.

Tangelag in Spain there are things for everyone for example if you is romantic would advise june at festivals of music of Granada.-

If religious Holly Week ir in Seville or in Zamora.
If is you Sportsman, the road to Santiago.
If you like luxury Marbella Coast of Sun.-
If you are young and likes to Party IBIZA
If is you a Student for example a Maxter in Salamanca of a Spanish Course
If you likes to party,(Fistas) Unique,San Fermines ,Fair Seville,The Canoes in Asturias(Ribadesella).The Tomatina las Fallas in Valencia.-
If you like the best gastronomy in the World you should visit, the Green Spain.-San sebastia,Bilbao,Santander etc

If you likes cities great,Madrid,Barcelona,Bilbao,Valencia,Seville or historical cities Toledo,Segovia,Avila,Ubeda ,Baeza,Leon.Oviedo.etc etc etc etce

Old 08-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
Aguilar, although I don't speak English well, I see that you can understand me.

In Spain there is something for everyone. For example, if you are romantic, I would recommend the music festivals in Granada, held in June.

If religious, Holy Week in Seville or Zamora.
If you are a sportsman, the road to Santiago.
If you like luxury, Marbella, on the Sun Coast.-
If you are young and like to party, Ibiza
If you are a student, master a Spanish course in Salamanca
If you like to party, the festival in San Fermin, Seville Fair, the Canoes in Asturias (Ribadesella), the Tomatina las Fallas in Valencia.
If you like the best gastronomy in the world, you should visit the greener part of Spain, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Santander, etc.
If you like great cities, Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia, Seville or historical cities like Toledo, Segovia, Avila, Ubeda, Baeza, Leon, Oviedo, etc.
^I cleaned it up for you some. You aren't that far off, as it is intelligible.

Considere esto una lección de inglés, si se quiere.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:32 PM

298 posts, read 276,664 times
Spain is quite the place to visit, why wouldn't anyone want to visit that unique place of art, of-course Spain gets a lot of visitors from anywhere on the planet, not just USA, I heard the nightlife there is incredible and the beaches there are so nice.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:50 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,401,647 times
We just got back from Barcelona and loved it. I had only been there on business previously and my wife had never been. We have limited to get away without the kids and right before we left I was like why the hell did we try to get cute and visit Spain? I was happily wrong. Beautiful architecture on par with anywhere in the world, beautiful city and beach, friendly people, walkable, great weather, art, culture, etc. My wife declared Barcelona her favorite food city anywhere. No small endorsement for someone who has traveled extensively and eaten her way through various continents. I joked that she would replace it with a new favorite after our next trip. While she couldn’t deny this, Barcelona can certainly hold it’s own with anywhere on the planet.

The cherry on top is that once you there Spain is relatively inexpensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel