Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 07:27 PM

10,358 posts, read 7,988,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
Spain is full of iconic buildings .I am going will place only just a few .-

a)The Alhambra of Granada.-

b)Gaudi Cathedral of Barcelona
These are the only two buildings on your list that the average American may ever have heard about. And you're right that Spanish locations rarely show up in Hollywood TV shows and movies; I think the last time I saw a location in Spain on TtV was when the Olympics were held in Barcelona.

And that's the problem. I'm sure many Americans would love Spain as a vacation destination, but it just doesn't come to mind when they think of a European vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 02:05 AM

570 posts, read 604,986 times
Aredhel .-

Completely agree.

But the question is that hoolywood and many of the American tourists and the american education ignores a country full of crowded tourist treasures of European ad tourists and today also of Asia.-

The funny thing is that one part of the most famous artist american as Heminway.Jhon Dos Pasos.Michener author de Sayonara and Orson Welles they visited this country and they fell in Love with Spain.
Even this command to be buried here.

AS happens today with many american tourists who visit us,but are few compared with they go to France Italy or England. .-

Old 05-18-2016, 10:51 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
I don't know the answer to your questions but my gf and I will be doing a section of the El Camino de Santiago some time next year.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:31 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
Hertfordshire.-

It is true what you say.-
But mostly because only make movies with London Rome or Paris hollywood.-

Spain is full of iconic buildings .I am going will place only just a few .-

a)The Alhambra of Granada.-

b)Gaudi Cathedral of Barcelona

c)The Escorial Monastery for many the 8ª wonder of the world

d)The Royal Palace of Madrid that is almost twice as large as Versalles Palace and Buckinham Palace.

e)The Alcazar of Segovia that I copy walt Disney.-

f)Any of the 80 wonderful Cathedrals and hundreds of Castles etc etc that there is in Spain.-
I have seen all the above when I visited Spain last year in addition to the beautiful cathedral in Seville and my favorite, the Mosque / cathedral of Cordoba. And the pueblos blancos of Andulusia were stunning as was the town of Ronda.

But the reality is that most Americans would not have heard of any of them unlike the landmarks quoted by herfordshire. And the language barrier is another one that many American don't want to overcome. So they takle the easy way out and go to places like Ireland or England or places like Nordic countries and Netherlands where a good portion of the public speak good English. Which is a shame, as Spain was one of my favorite destinations

Old 05-18-2016, 11:49 AM

10,358 posts, read 7,988,269 times
I think that over time more and more Americans will figure out that Spain is a worthy travel destination. But it's a process that takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel