Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 07:01 PM

50 posts, read 43,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Then you would likely be wrong. If your fine print is real, there is very likely something in there stating that if you don't meet the conditions of the agreement, that you will be liable for the value of the trip.

But hey, if you're willing to take that risk ...
Yes, there is something in the saying that I am obligated to meet the conditions of the agreement.

And I very much intend to meet the conditions in the agreement, that I have now read. And that is to give them 90 minutes of my time, no less, no more. The time share meeting at the conference room is already scheduled that night for 7:30 to 9:00pm

The hotel is the Hilton Orlando

That is specifically what the agreement says. Attend the ninety minute meeting, start time 7:30, end time 9:00

If they are still going at 9:01, and I say I am ready for my tickets now, what more can they do to refuse?

Old 08-18-2016, 07:01 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,052,740 times
No way I'd drag my 8-yo daughter on this vengeance trip. Fake or not.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 PM

164 posts, read 188,397 times
Run away as fast as you can. You can't out-grift grifters. Whatever scam you have dreamed up, they will have a better one.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
No way I'd drag my 8-yo daughter on this vengeance trip. Fake or not.
I don't consider taking my daughter on her first plane ride and her first trip to disney world to be "dragging."

For her is the main reason I am doing this.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCarnegie View Post
Run away as fast as you can. You can't out-grift grifters. Whatever scam you have dreamed up, they will have a better one.
The contract, and yes, the fine print, says that my obligation is to attend the 90 minute presentation, start time 7:30pm, end time 9:00pm, and have no obligation to buy. Once I sign and fax it back they book me and our flight.

People keep saying that they will reneg if I don't buy, but have yet to offer up exactly on what grounds they will be able to do so when I have fulfilled my end of our written agreement, and have failed to mention what possible argument they could offer up to the judge.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:22 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
And you're going to sue HILTON if they say you haven't met their conditions and reneg?

Old 08-18-2016, 07:33 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,966,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjburgwin View Post
The contract, and yes, the fine print, says that my obligation is to attend the 90 minute presentation, start time 7:30pm, end time 9:00pm, and have no obligation to buy. Once I sign and fax it back they book me and our flight.

People keep saying that they will reneg if I don't buy, but have yet to offer up exactly on what grounds they will be able to do so when I have fulfilled my end of our written agreement, and have failed to mention what possible argument they could offer up to the judge.
As long as the timeshare presentation you are attending is legitimate they will not renege on the offer. I have done extensive research on this subject because I had the same worries as you and trust me they will honor the fine print. I was going to mention the married/cohabitation as others mentioned but you said that the fine print did not have that requirement. If you want to be extra sure that the deal is legitimate; confirm the timeshare deal by calling Hilton Orlando directly if you have not done so. If they affirm the timeshare offer you will have absolutely no issues with getting them to follow through with their promise.

My personality is like yours in terms having "sales resistance stronger then a brick wall" so I attended one of these 2 years back. The timeshare was offered through the actual resort I visited. It was a smooth experience with zero issues. The only thing I would recommend you do is be a bit more causal and less businesslike with the sales guy in terms of "watching the clock." You have to remember he is just a human being trying to make a living. They are trained to look for signs that let them know when someone can be swayed or not into buying. If you are courteous but stick to your guns the sales guy will likely respect your tact enough to not give you a hard time over the tickets.

That's what happened with my sales rep. I was very polite with him but firm as far as not being interested in buying the timeshare. His presentation went over 90 minutes (about 110 minutes) but that's actually normal. Based on the research I did 120 minutes is the normal. Since I knew this ahead of time I wasn't upset when he went over 90 minutes. When our guy realized that there was no sale to be made with us he politely excused himself, took care of the end paperwork and handed us the park tickets.

I wouldn't recommend the hard approach of pushing for the tickets if your rep is 1 minute over. But if he gets over the 2 hour mark I would politely push to end the presentation. If that doesn't work feel free to insist! After all, they have to give you the tickets and honor the terms. So if they still keep pitching their sales lines you can mention that, show the fine print that you have on hand and walk out with your tickets! But I doubt it will get to that point.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
And you're going to sue HILTON if they say you haven't met their conditions and reneg?

I will sue whoever is a party to reneging on the written agreement we have, which in turn cost me money. That's the way the world works, sugar pie honey bun.

But Hilton has their money. A local TIMESHARE company is paying for my stay, so it is them that would have to sue me to get the cost back. They are not going to sue me because:

1. They know I fulfilled the terms of our written agreement

2. They know they reneged on their end.

3. They know they will lose in court

4. They know I would counter sue and get judgement against them

5. The judge would ask them what on Earth they are doing there.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:40 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjburgwin View Post
I will sue whoever is a party to reneging on the written agreement we have, which in turn cost me money. That's the way the world works, sugar pie honey bun.
Yeah, good luck with that sweetums.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
As long as the timeshare presentation you are attending is legitimate they will not renege on the offer. I have done extensive research on this subject because I had the same worries as you and trust me they will honor the fine print. I was going to mention the married/cohabitation as others mentioned but you said that the fine print did not have that requirement. If you want to be extra sure that the deal is legitimate; confirm the timeshare deal by calling Hilton Orlando directly if you have not done so. If they affirm the timeshare offer you will have absolutely no issues with getting them to follow through with their promise.

My personality is like yours in terms having "sales resistance stronger then a brick wall" so I attended one of these 2 years back. The timeshare was offered through the actual resort I visited. It was a smooth experience with zero issues. The only thing I would recommend you do is be a bit more causal and less businesslike with the sales guy in terms of "watching the clock." You have to remember he is just a human being trying to make a living. They are trained to look for signs that let them know when someone can be swayed or not into buying. If you are courteous but stick to your guns the sales guy will likely respect your tact enough to not give you a hard time over the tickets.

That's what happened with my sales rep. I was very polite with him but firm as far as not being interested in buying the timeshare. His presentation went over 90 minutes (about 110 minutes) but that's actually normal. Based on the research I did 120 minutes is the normal. Since I knew this ahead of time I wasn't upset when he went over 90 minutes. When our guy realized that there was no sale to be made with us he politely excused himself, took care of the end paperwork and handed us the park tickets.

I wouldn't recommend the hard approach of pushing for the tickets if your rep is 1 minute over. But if he gets over the 2 hour mark I would politely push to end the presentation. If that doesn't work feel free to insist! After all, they have to give you the tickets and honor the terms. So if they still keep pitching their sales lines you can mention that, show the fine print that you have on hand and walk out with your tickets! But I doubt it will get to that point.
Finally, a real response addressing legitimate tips and concerns. Thank you.

Some of these other posters either have no idea what a written agreement means, or everything they think they know about Timeshare comes from watching South Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel