Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:22 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwman2830 View Post
Ok, name me another place in the US that has a Mediterranean climate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 03:00 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,294 times
Brazil....i love her to death...and hate her for so much that i cant even begin to list the reasons....yet she may be my retirement stop. TBH I have a love/hate relationship with everywhere ive been because nowhere is perfect.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:42 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
Brazil....i love her to death...and hate her for so much that i cant even begin to list the reasons....yet she may be my retirement stop. TBH I have a love/hate relationship with everywhere ive been because nowhere is perfect.
Yeah Brazil has so much beauty yet so many problems too. There is favelas, crime, poverty, tropical diseases, corruption, but also amazing beaches, culture, cuisine, nature, diversity, so it's a very conflicted country

Old 09-11-2016, 05:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Ok, name me another place in the US that has a Mediterranean climate
Coastal California.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:24 AM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,122 times
North Korea

Love: The leader's unintentionally comical behavior and threats, plus his fashion sense, including his solid black outfits and unique hairdo. I can't think of anyone who more closely resembles Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers movies.

Hate:. The overall mistreatment of the North Korean people, including the political prisoners in concentration camps, and the fact that the leader is disgustingly fat while the people are starving.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:38 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
It is weird in countries like India to see someone walking down the street unwrapping some food and just toss it onto the sidewalk. No sense of guilt like needing to make sure nobody is looking, just a cultural norm of trash belongs on the ground wherever you happen to be standing.

Sometimes if a river is nearby they make the additional effort to toss garbage there instead.
I've witnessed that behaviour in USA and Canada, tossing trash on road and sidewalk
without giving it a second thought. I get your point though, not on the same scale,
Not everyone in North America is like that just certain percentage of people.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:59 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
US comes to mind, I live here but Im not born here so I guess I could criticize it as a traveler. I love the food, the (relative) lack of corruption, the fact that you're not forced to serve in the military, you can protest against the government without being worried about being tortured and killed, there are amazing cities like Charleston, San Fran, Boston, the diversity of the US is unmatched, police don't try to steal your money, etc. On the other hand, I dislike the massive travel distances between cities, the crappy public transportation, the third world infrastructure, the ridiculous apartment prices, the fact that you need a car to go everywhere, 99% of the US has a ****ty climate, medical costs, education costs, gun violence, racism, etc
I tend to agree with you on the climate part. I've lived in all parts of the U.S. I grew up in the midwest, also lived in Fresno, Seattle, Las Vegas, Miami and Washington D.C. area. The only area I have truly loved is the Pacific Northwest. I really hate extremes on both ends, though I can tolerate colder weather more than heat. As much as I like D.C., this summer has been horrible (55 days over 90 last time I checked and high humidity to go with it). I definitely plan on retiring somewhere in the Pac NW, west of the Cascades. I doubt it will be Seattle though as it's gotten way too expensive.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:58 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Croatia

Love: Beautiful land and people, delicious food, fun-loving, family-oriented people

Hate: People who love to argue and have to debate every little thing, too loud, too materialistic, too macho

Old 09-20-2016, 07:26 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,975 times
The USA. LOVE the variety of nature, the wide open spaces, the wilderness, the mountains, the Grand Canyon, the Niagara and some other places I've been to. Despise most of everything else.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:29 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
The mother looked angrily at the woman who just got pissed on, and said to her son, let's go back inside. Their apartment was right there! My god, just use the toilet!
This. I've seen 'em encourage their kids to **** on subway floors (they make a whistling sound while holding the kids legs apart), next to cars on the sidewalk, along the edge of markets, etc. many Chinese have very little interest in teaching their children to use appropriate facilities despite public restrooms being fairly widespread.

Same with appropriate age of public nudity due to above public urination habits in China. You see private parts belonging to kids that look at least 8-9 years old kids just from random public squatting, that isn't something other adults should be seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel