U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:44 AM

5,300 posts, read 3,303,945 times

Advertisements

Younger Brits are the worst. They get super drunk and start acting obnoxious. Even most younger Americans act better than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 11:12 AM

1,912 posts, read 960,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
So much of this depends on circumstances, customs and the size of the group. I find any large tourist group ( I almost typed terrorist ugh ) can be quite intrusive to the point of obnoxious. Noise levels go up and entitlement increases because they become the majority in different situations. Example, two Canadians walking into a restaurant, or 50 walking in at the same time as a group. If you're sitting there quietly you are going to be upset at the larger group most likely since they will be chatting and making a fuss about seating arrangements.

As for individuals, it varies as much as personality varies.
If you are talking about Brazilian tourist groups, especially at Disney, "terrorist" is correct. They're like a horde of army ants.......nothing stands in their way. When they descend on stores, it looks like a tornado has blown through after they leave. I speak from years of experience.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:44 PM

4,698 posts, read 2,546,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
No one knows I’m German because I speak English with a southern accent and wear my hook’em horns baseball hat. Even if I tell someone that I’m German they don’t believe me, saying but you have a southern accent. My usual reply is that’s true because I’m from the southern part of Germany.
I'm with English Dave.

I know I would recognize you as being German, and part of it would be your accent.

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 10-16-2016 at 06:54 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 06:58 PM

15,238 posts, read 8,527,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
The most obnoxious tourists husband and I have ever encountered were asian. Pushing and shoving others to get to various attractions, not obeying signs and cautions, cutting in line, not respecting personal space, as in almost sitting in our laps (while we were sitting there eating) to take photos of a lake from the restaurant deck, then pushing their way downstairs and refusing to make room for the laden-down-with-trays waitress. Just beyond rude.
My theory with Asians not respecting space is that they are used to being crowded all the time so they think nothing of crowding others! But yeah...please keep some personal space!

Old 10-17-2016, 05:09 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,154,728 times
German tourists are much easier to get by than Italians,who are very noisy, and loud talkers (my person,al experience).

Old 10-17-2016, 05:25 AM
Status: "I'm travelling at the speed of light." (set 11 days ago)

1,233 posts, read 607,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
I will never be the first to buy an iphone or shopping on black Friday.
I would recognize you by this.

Quote:
I hate speedos just as much as American men wearing capris as swimwear. So I swim without anything, itís liberating and if you do it once you will never go back.
And by the above

Quote:
No one knows Iím German because I speak English with a southern accent and wear my hookíem horns baseball hat. Even if I tell someone that Iím German they donít believe me, saying but you have a southern accent. My usual reply is thatís true because Iím from the southern part of Germany.
Bavaria?

Old 10-17-2016, 05:42 AM

24,807 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
German tourists are much easier to get by than Italians,who are very noisy, and loud talkers (my person,al experience).
My wife and I were having a coffee in a Greek cafe years ago, and we got to talking with the owner. He said about Italian tourists, "they don't spend much........ one coffee, four straws"............ I haven't had much dealings with Italian tourists, so I don't know if this claim about them being 'careful' with their money is true.

I do remember sitting in a bar on the Greek island of Rhodes. My wife and I were sat outside in the sun, drinking a beer. A large group of people passed by, just looking around, but not sitting, or buying anything. The bar owner rolled his eyes, and said "Italians."

Old 10-18-2016, 03:42 AM

1,971 posts, read 1,374,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
I would recognize you by this.

And by the above

Bavaria?
Yes, Bavaria.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:47 PM

181 posts, read 88,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Younger Brits are the worst. They get super drunk and start acting obnoxious. Even most younger Americans act better than this.
British tourists are my least favorite. Of course there are some very likable ones but most of them are rude and think that they can do whatever ever they want. That the rules don't apply to them. If they are called out they play dumb and assume that everyone falls for it. They seem to think that they are much smarter then everyone else.

As far as German tourists go I love them. They are not mean. It's just that they aren't fake friendly. They are not obnoxious. They just don't have a problem stating their opinion. Those qualities might confuse some people or get taken the wrong way.

Most of them are very funny.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:18 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,154,728 times
Default yobs apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabamarose View Post
British tourists are my least favorite. Of course there are some very likable ones but most of them are rude and think that they can do whatever ever they want. That the rules don't apply to them. If they are called out they play dumb and assume that everyone falls for it. They seem to think that they are much smarter then everyone else.

As far as German tourists go I love them. They are not mean. It's just that they aren't fake friendly. They are not obnoxious. They just don't have a problem stating their opinion. Those qualities might confuse some people or get taken the wrong way.

Most of them are very funny.

....I get along better with older British tourists, they are usually charming, and full of humor. The older Germans are not that different, British and German older people, are pretty reserved, which is rather a qualitybut I had a sad experience with young Germans-not yobs, well-educated boys and girls- on a catamaran day trip in Costa Rica 2 years ago, although my wife and I speak German, not once did they act as if they noticed our presence, they were very cliquish, quite rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or