U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 11:00 PM

3,764 posts, read 3,502,579 times

Advertisements

I just got a pair of Bose 35 noise canceling headphones. It wasn't cheap, but this is just an amazing piece of technology. The noise canceling is the best I've ever experienced. This headset also does Bluetooth very well, and it easily paired with my phone, iPad, and Mac desktop pc. It's smart enough to switch between them almost effortlessly. It has decent music playback, and also acts as a headset for phone calls. It talks when you turn it on, and tells you what it's connected to. You can alter the settings with a phone app. The battery lasts 20 hours. And it's comfortable.

I've always loved noise canceling headphones on plane flights; they take the stress out of flying and let you go to your quiet place and read, or sleep, or watch a movie without having to crank the volume. This Bose product is going to make flying fun again.

Anyone else out there using a Bose for flying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 05:55 AM

32,071 posts, read 32,968,461 times
Once when I was upgraded to business class on some flight (I can't remember the airline), the business class passengers were lent Bose headphones for the duration of the flight and they definitely make a great difference in noise reduction vs. regular headsets.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:39 AM

3,741 posts, read 7,038,010 times
I'm glad to see this thread as I'm considering buying some noise cancelling headphones for an upcoming trip where it is essential I get some sleep on the plane. I'm not much of a plane-sleeper.

Any reason you chose the 35 over the 25? How crisp is the sound from the audio source? I've read some negative reviews on other noise cancelling headphones (not Bose) where the cancelling effect also distorts the audio source. Just curious what the degradation (if any) was.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:29 AM

791 posts, read 722,537 times
bose is excellent for flights.... and its noise canceling is the best I have seen.
Sound quality on the bose is middle of the line, a bit muddy.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:26 PM

8,585 posts, read 11,074,156 times
The Bose QC20i's are among the best investments I've ever made. Make even the longest flights bearable and baby-screaming free. I often use them without a source, and just have wonderful, wonderful silence.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:20 AM

3,764 posts, read 3,502,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I'm glad to see this thread as I'm considering buying some noise cancelling headphones for an upcoming trip where it is essential I get some sleep on the plane. I'm not much of a plane-sleeper.

Any reason you chose the 35 over the 25? How crisp is the sound from the audio source? I've read some negative reviews on other noise cancelling headphones (not Bose) where the cancelling effect also distorts the audio source. Just curious what the degradation (if any) was.
(update) Music sounds pretty good. I just tried comparing bluetooth with wired, and they seem almost identical. It's so nice not needing a wire.

The 25 has AAA batteries, and the 35 has a non-changeable built-in rechargeable battery. So far it's been great battery life. It plugs into a micro-USB, similar to a cell phone, so charging it is very convenient. Battery is supposed to last 20 hours wireless, 40 hours wired.

For the extra $50, I think it's worth it, but you have to go with your budget. Some people say they prefer the 25's design. The 35 does have newer and slightly better noise cancellation, from what I've read. Either one, you can't go wrong. Bose makes great headsets.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:33 PM

5,682 posts, read 8,596,983 times
I've tried several noise cancelling headphones, none of tgem worked well except for my Bose QC25s.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:52 PM

7,680 posts, read 16,098,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
The 25 has AAA batteries, and the 35 has a non-changeable built-in rechargeable battery. So far it's been great battery life. It plugs into a micro-USB, similar to a cell phone, so charging it is very convenient. Battery is supposed to last 20 hours wireless, 40 hours wired.
I read a few complaints about the chargeable battery deciding to not hold a charge anymore and Bose wanting $249 to 'replace the battery' if it stopped working, so ended up going with the QC 25 and the battery I can change out myself far cheaper than that.

Seems like after Mr. Bose died in 2013, the company has started to shift more toward a model where their premium-priced products should be regarded as disposable, and I figure I'm getting some of the last non-disposable tech from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or